• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Y-pipe question

Awesome thanks the reason I asked is because I was taking the motor out of my svt to put in a 3L and some bright person before me decided to weld the. Y-pipe to the header. So now I need a y-pipe, but since I'm low on funds I'm just goin to look for one in a srap yard.

Awesome thanks the reason I asked is because I was taking the motor out of my svt to put in a 3L and some bright person before me decided to weld the. Y-pipe to the header. So now I need a y-pipe, but since I'm low on funds I'm just goin to look for one in a srap yard.

just a heads up...i tried going to a few places to get an extra y-pipe....and they were all cut at the restrictive chamber rendering all of them useless. i hope you find one tho. GL

Is the restrictive chamber the same as the cat converter? Be cause I found one bu they will only sell me the piece before the cat. So I'm just goin to fab something to connect the newer y-pipe to my old cat. So my question is, The stock exhaust size is 2.5 in right?

2.25" I think. You might pick up a used aftermarket (or even stock) y pipe on here for pretty cheap. Post it up and see what happens.

Yea that would work but I'm starting a new job on Monday and this is my DD. So this is my choice for now.

Back