• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Y-pipe info

1BadJag

CEG'er
What year contours have 2 bolt or 3bolt y pipes. I wanna optimize mine, but i would like to go pull one off another vehicle so i can take my time and not screw up and wont be out of a vehicle. I have a 98.5 contour svt with msds headers.

What year contours have 2 bolt or 3bolt y pipes. I wanna optimize mine, but i would like to go pull one off another vehicle so i can take my time and not screw up and wont be out of a vehicle. I have a 98.5 contour svt with msds headers.

96 97 98 99 have 2 bolt. 00 has the 3 bolt in the auto and manual (se and svt)

My build date 8-99 SVT had 3 bolt and my 3-99 SVT build date was 2 bolt. '99s are the only year where you need to look under the car to know for sure.

My build date 8-99 SVT had 3 bolt and my 3-99 SVT build date was 2 bolt. '99s are the only year where you need to look under the car to know for sure.

So lae date 99's had the 3 bolt? Hmm..did it have the upgraded injectors also?

Harrry i think you should sticky a write up just with information about the y pipe. it seems like theres a new question about it every other day and i always see you answering them. Just a thought :cool:

Harrry i think you should sticky a write up just with information about the y pipe. it seems like theres a new question about it every other day and i always see you answering them. Just a thought :cool:

lol....yea...i have overhauled the exhaust section. 7 pages of questions with answers...and i'm not even the moderator..... I even got 3 people to help with specific sections. So we have several views on specific topics answered. Answering almost 90% of anything you would ask about our cars exhaust systems. To all the parts needed to build or replace exhaust components. I'm just waiting on worldtour so i can post it. :shrug:

Yes, it had the returnless green injectors too.

Thanks....i thought my 99 was a late date...and it had a 2 bolt...looking at the list by hetfield...i wonder where the cut off date to the late year cars occurred. :shrug:

Yeah, not sure. Mine was a 8-99 SVT Returnless with 3 bolt exhaust. I also have had a 3-99 and late 4-99 that are both return and 2 bolt.

lol....yea...i have overhauled the exhaust section. 7 pages of questions with answers...and i'm not even the moderator..... I even got 3 people to help with specific sections. So we have several views on specific topics answered. Answering almost 90% of anything you would ask about our cars exhaust systems. To all the parts needed to build or replace exhaust components. I'm just waiting on worldtour so i can post it. :shrug:

Well im lookin forward to it :cool: i know i will definetly benifit of of it

Back