• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

X-type to a SVT contour? :D

Not the point :nonono: Id do the same, lambo bently ferrari ect, get them all. Would be funny seeing a unique and original car, 2006 xtype mixed with contour, roll up to you in that noble and then seeing you in the rear veiw mirror of that car. Id luagh. Making something your own and saying you had the idea would be nice.

lol why would the noble be seen in the rear view mirror of the 220hp xtype contour crossbreed?(ok 400hp, I missed the turbo part)

I completely get what you are saying about the uniqueness. The problem is that it would take so much money to transform a fairly average car into looking like another somewhat average car. There's nothing extreme about it to make it worthwhile, visually or performance wise. I'd see more merit in spending the money to convert the contour to rwd and cram a V8 in there.

I actually like the x-type alot. I wish they had better forums. They are absolutely awful and don't have any information at all. I still always wonder why the x-type was such a flop performance wise. Does it just need a new suspension or something? Too heavy? How could something with mondeo roots be so crappy :(

No, don't get me wrong, I would get really nice cars, but having a v8 SVT would be really cool just as a novelty item for myself and maybe people on CEG would thing it was cool.

Not the point :nonono: Id do the same, lambo bently ferrari ect, get them all. Would be funny seeing a unique and original car, 2006 xtype mixed with contour, roll up to you in that noble and then seeing you in the rear veiw mirror of that car. Id luagh. Making something your own and saying you had the idea would be nice.

I'm sorry, but a 425 hp Noble would absolutely crush a 425 hp Contour...even if the Contour was AWD, since your lugging around a 3500 lb car. You realize Noble's do about 11.3 sec in the 1/4 and about 3.2 sec to 0-60 bone stock. Yes, thats supercar territory.

Don't get me wrong, I've thought of the idea of building a 1000 whp RWD Contour or a twin engine Contour to make it AWD, and that would be cool (definitely wouldn't drop $30-50K into a Contour because its "funny"). I love the SVT Contour. I had a 430 hp Contour that whooped on GTO's, Cobra's, SRT-4s, and STI's and it feels good. I know where your coming from. But at the end of the day, even if that car did beat a Noble, Ferrari, Enzo, whatever, the owner of the Contour has a fast Contour thats really not cool to most peoples standards and the Noble driver has a show stopper than is considered in the class of a Ferrari Enzo to some enthusiasts. Any car can be made fast, but I want a car that people know you have something special and exotic even if they don't know what a Noble is. The SVT Contour surely really doesn't turn heads anymore and an X-Type/Contour hybrid may turn heads for the wrong reasons. I personally don't see it mixing with the X-type body lines, hood, fenders, etc. Most importantly, I want a car thats reliable and I gaurantee a RWD, twin engine, V8 conversion, etc won't be. Even my 3.0L turbo Contour would be considered a lemon compared to OEM reliability standards.

Sorry for the long rant. :)

I totally understand that and agree. But if I wont lets say.... $50 million dollars, I would have this contour for myself, not anyone else. There would be my fast OEM reliable DD's. But the Contour would be something for myself. Doesn't have to be super reliable, just cool to me. My Zetec is my first car of my own (FIRST car was a 89 colt, had for 2 months and it died at 532,xxx miles :crazy:. Hand me down from the brother.) So a I kinda formed a bond to it, even if its a Contour :laugh:. So it would be for me basically. But on the other hand....

lamborghini-diablo.jpg

:drool::drool::drool:

the owner of the Contour has a fast Contour thats really not cool to most peoples standards and the Noble driver has a show stopper than is considered in the class of a Ferrari Enzo to some enthusiasts.

:laugh: I dont want a car that when i pull up people KNOW its FAST, or even like it. "what the hell is that?" is what id like to hear, even if the person asking means it as a good way or bad way. Just to hear those words would make me feel good.:laugh:

BTW that Reventon lambo is God...:drool:
http://www.redlineblog.com/reventon-lambos-ruthless-new-bull/

Back