• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

WTB: 15" steel wheels

rustyvolvo

New CEG'er
Anyone have a set of 15" steel wheels they want to get rid of? Looking for something for my winter tires, just won't do another winter with the leaky 15" alloys.

If the lip on the rip is really bent, it will leak.

Yeah or if it's been curbed pretty hard :laugh: I have one that is completely gouged down to where the bead of the tire needs to sit. Not sure if that one leaks but I'd assume so.

I almost need my own set of wheels before the snow flies. I don't really wanna drive my 225s + E1s in the snow :eek: I want something slimmer like a 205/55/16 all season with wheels for winter. I think I'm gonna get a set of focus wheels to do the trick :laugh:

Presently the winter tires are mounted on 15" SE alloy wheels. The rim can be leaky when corrosion begins to build up and pit the lip where the tire bead sits. I've scrubbed them and painted the inside edge but it still leaks slowly and I'm tired of not being able to find a functioning air compressor because its -35C outside when I'm not home. Steel wheels hold up to the salt a little better, they rust but they don't pit as badly. Haven't curbed the wheels yet thank goodness but every icy road is an opportunity I guess. Its been 3 winters with 3 leaky rims, if I take the tires off one more time they're going onto steel wheels. This is the only set of alloy wheels I've had this trouble with, just time to fix it once and for all.

Back