• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

wrong clutch??

kristiyano

CEG'er
...too many clutches are going out here!! haha:) ok, so I had my clutch changed for $300 also along with my transmission. However the idiots at the shop got an aftermarket clutch from carquest. i called carquest and asked them if the clutch installed was for the regular contour or the SVT, and they told me that they didn't carry SVT clutches. My car is a 98 CSVT, and on the receipt of the clutch it says it's for a 97 2.5 V6 contour (NON SVT). Soooo, what should I do now??? How long will this clutch last on the SVT under average spirited diving (No race tracks anymore)??? Any advice is appreciated. Has anyone done such a thing? Thanks

Make them change the clutch or refund you the money for the clutch under the reasoning that you have to buy the correct clutch because the SVT used an upgraded clutch so it didn't wear out prematurely. Then just run that clutch till it breaks and get a new one.

A little late to be asking now. You should know better being an SVT owner. The pressure plate and the clutch disc are both SVT specific.

Back