• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Wow i need help just looked at my paypal acc.

Backseatofacontour

Veteran CEG'er
and realized in the month of june i spent over 675 dollars on misc stuff for the contour and thats not including the 450 in svt body kit or the current paintjob its getting is there a prescription for this disease?:nonono:

nope it just gets worse unless you cut yourself off completely ... :cry:

I for one can't bring myself to that :laugh:

I wish I'd only spent $675 in the few months on my 'tour.....

Since May I'm well over $2k spent (including shipping). BAT handling kit, Y Pipe, ,bearings endcaps , bushings, manifold gaskets, endlinks, headers, HIR headlight bulbs, MAF adapter and a few other things.

yea still gotta grab the front wheel bearings and have an appointment on the 15th for my dual magnaflow exhaust..its definately addictive glad theres people around to enjoy it with...:laugh:

We dont want to get into mine lately lol:crazy: but no there is no help for the addiction!

I have gotten really really good with self control when it comes to buying stuff for the svt. i just focus on something else i want to buy. so i have to save up.

Man, I'm glad I never got the mod bug. Maybe I should send my new ride to Dinan to make you guys feel better. :crazy:

Get a wife, they won't let you spend any money on your car. At least I got a deck built this past week.

I try to keep it to one or maybe two really big upgrades a year. This year I did drivetrain and exhaust, next year will likely be suspension and an NPG brake kit... :D

I've done enough damage to the bank account for one year. Between the torsen, underdrive pullies, new clutch, headers and misc costs and fluids for the car I figure my upgrade cost $1600 all said and done...

Torsen: $500
New SVT Clutch: $240
Ability to spin 2 wheels and not worry about grenading the diff: PRICELESS

;)

Sick addiction here. When does it really stop?! Only thing I don't have are kids. I have started saying that the contour "needs" things to the wifey and put the pouty look on my face even though I know we have $0 and falling :nonono:. Doing the 3L is actually helping me get what I want for the car, because I tell her that if I don't change the things I am now the car won't be on the road ever or that I will end up changing the parts in the next year or two...... (clutch, alt, starter, etc..)
I have no credit card debt, but damn - having a house, two cars with payments + the contour, and already plenty to pay for, the contour just keeps on emptying my accounts.... :cry:

I don't know exactly how much I spent this year .... 3L + NPG Turbo kit and alot of misc items ...

add it up, I dare you........

I spent about $6K last year building the engine, turboing it, and replacing suspension.

im taking it easy this year, trying to anyways, and only buying parts for the SVT that are needed to keep it safe.

WOW guys, some intense cash being spent here...

Plz don't take this the wrong way, but if you wanna kick the mod-bug then realize that ur car is FWD sedan, thbus not deserving of any major mods IMO.

Back