• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

winter project

skunk

Veteran CEG'er
This winter my mustang is getting repainted and new trim + some other stuff. Here is a look at the stash of parts sofar

ry%3D400

brand new OEM bumer covers

ry%3D400

brand new oem GT wing, mine has alot of little stress cracks so I'm starting new.

ry%3D400

some new oem trim pieces

ry%3D400

brand new oem headlights/seals to replace the faded out stock ones.

ry%3D400

all new oem emblems and oem seals for the window run, door jams and hatch.

ry%3D400

oem plate bracket, door lock motor kit and misc stuff.

ry%3D400

rust free nd bondo free drivers door to replace mine which isn't original and has juice in it. the only part on the car sofar so it's got to go.

ry%3D400

brand new oem carlite quater windows, these are getting harder to find are big $$. the repos don't have the mustang lettering and the qaulity isn't the same so I paid for the real thing.

This is all I have right now a sneek peak. I'm going to start stripping the car down before it goes to the shop so I'll update later.

that too.
but most of my 'project' cars are very hard to get parts for.
cant just go down to the dealershiop and pick up parts for the 69 caddy.

Nice, Chris! Where'd you get the OEM/NOS parts? eBay? shows?

I got a few parts from some guys in my local club, a rust free perfect drivers door and lower ds skirt. The others stuff came from PPI who specializes in hard to find mustang stuff, http://www.performancepartsinc.com/home.html & LRS for alot of stuff also http://www.latemodelrestoration.com/Mustang. I have been stock piling parts for the last 2yrs getting ready for this project on top of what has already been done. hopefully within the next year or so the last and final step will the motor build for it while I cruise it during that time ( I have another 302 block in my parents garage for the build) and no more major stuff after that!

ry%3D400

took advantage of the nice weather and started stripping it down and getting it ready for the body shop. I have some more stuff to do but it's almost ready to head out.

It finally got picked up the other day for the trip to the body shop. She got a taxi ride since the roads are full of salt/sand..

ry%3D400

and in the shop so the work can begin...I'm so jacked right now. I can't wait to see it complete...but it will be awhile yet.

ry%3D400

I'll keep updating as stuff progresses.

wow i love this mustang...i have always liked those wheels too...nice!

Thanks.The wheels while nice are 99% going. I'm most likely going with 17" Pony R's. The car came stock with pony wheels and i'm going to make it stock looking exterior wise but keeping 17" so it wil have a factory look. I'm putting on 17x8's on the front & 17x9's on the rear.

this is what they look like..
PonyR_17x8_x9_01.jpg

PonyR_17x8_x9_03.jpg

I'm also toying with getting some Saleen SC replicas with deep dish rears if I wanted to change things up...
HDR337.jpg

one of the sickest notches I have seen by the way and is my current wall paper :drool:.

Yeah it's sick..The guy who owns the blue notch is on one of the sites I'm on and is from NC. The car looks sick and backs it's up, built boosted motor putting down over 600hp at the wheels. My buddy Josh down in CT is working on a 4bolt main 351 with a turbo estimated right now to be about 750+hp at the rear wheels. He split the stock 302 block with the other turbo setup over the summer.

It looks familiar ask him if he knows Brian screen name 25th mustang..He owns a 2tone LX black top / copper color bottom with a red pin stripe. He is from CT also.

how come u did not get some updates headights for ur fox body? like say maybe the 3 piece all clear, or maybe blacked out 1's or whatever?

how come u did not get some updates headights for ur fox body? like say maybe the 3 piece all clear, or maybe blacked out 1's or whatever?

not into the ultra clears or the black outs + the stock headlights fit the best. many times you see the aftermarket headlights crooked. I'm looking to restore the exterior to stock oem as much has possible and build a sleeper. The plans are for a built motor down the road in the 350- 400rwhp range that will cruise all day, the tranny and rearend are already built up ready to go and I have a block ready for the build. That's why no big cowl hood, aftermarket headlights, wings etc.

stopped by body shop before xmas to check on things. They had started to take of parts and I was happy to see that there is no major rust, mostly surface/minor rust areas that will clean up real easy. The ground effects didn't have hardly any dirt built up in them after all these years. there was some crap under the rear wing though, all in all she is really solid so I'm happy that no major rust work has to done.

pics..
ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

I also scored a brand new OEM leather wrapped steering wheel still in the factory wrapper to replace mine which is worn at the top of the wheel. These are hard to find and I had my name on a list at PPI for when he got any and he only got 2 leather and 3 non leather w/o cruise, only took 2yrs :eek:.

ry%3D400

Back