• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

window tint

That reflective tint would get you pulled over here for sure. I pulled my fronts after I got pulled over twice in a couple weeks. I had a kid (2 now). Getting too old to be getting pulled over for stupid shiz like that.
Looks good BTW. I soooo wish we could have it legally here.
Erick --

yeppers thats the plan, keep out of trouble. Dan told me that for what the tint is and its percentage is 100% legal. so im very happy, it was cheap and looks great.

As long as it is 50 or higher you will be good. I had a dick cop give me a fixit when my tint reading came in at 48%. Stupid ••••er. I paid to have my tint completely legal so I was extremely mad about that one.

4508576470_5bd7e69d87.jpg

of course if you put 50% tint on your windows and then a cop puts a meter on them, they are going to read lower than 50%.
the window glass is tinted a couple of percent from the factory.

Yup, I understand that and tint places should know that as well. When I had mine done I said I wanted it so the car was legal and they went through that spiel as well.

I have an extra set of untinted window glass that I switch out with my tinted stuff so I pass inspection. Then I switch it back. Just time wasted, no $ lost in re-tint ;).

I know when I had puds car, and the cop put the meter on it, it read like 19% when the tint was 30% I think.

I have an extra set of untinted window glass that I switch out with my tinted stuff so I pass inspection. Then I switch it back. Just time wasted, no $ lost in re-tint ;).

No inspections here just bored ass cops. Pulling someone over just for tint is lame. There has to be something better they could do with their time then harassing people for tint. I'd say 25% of the people I see daily have illegal tint and I've been nailed 2 or 3 times (different cars for each).

My S4 is pretty bad. It came from Arizona that way. You can't see in the car standing 5 feet away. lol My wife bought me a $100 gift certificate to a tint place but I have yet to use it.

Back