• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Will this get any better?

TOURSVT98

CEG'er
First off i would like to say Good Job to those of you who have quit smoking. I quit smoking on Sunday after 4 years and it has not been easy. I have been using patches all week and i think that these have really helped. It has been 4 days w/o a cigarette and i have been a pissed off/ stressed out individual the last couple days. The physical cravings have not been too bad thanks to the constant drip in my arm off this patch. But the habit cravings have been terrible Ex. Driving, After dinner, Drinking, so on and so on. Will this get any better? I really enjoyed smoking but it was time to quit they cost me too much and i enjoy being able to breathe ( I have noticed a better performance out of my lungs). How long can i expect these habitual cravings to be this strong?

4 years, pff try quiting after 10 years! I quit last year for about 3 months, then started again when I drank alchohol and that led back to smoking full time. fast foward to last december I quit again, and have been smoke free for 3 full months. it will get better every day you just have to take it one day at a time.

It'll take awhile I know alot of smokers and they all say its a beeotch to quit. They all would rather keep smoking then drink more, eat more, be irritable. Chew gun thats about the best habit you could use to control that habit. I'm addicted to candy pretty bad I can live on jelly beans and mike n ikes. I chew gum at work to keep away from the vending machine and I'm starting to try to phase out caffine/soda. I'm about 5% successful right now LMAO.

Regardless the money saved and the health benefits(if you don't become obese or a drunk) are well worth it if you can kick the habit. You got a hot women that likes to :censored::censored::censored::censored:? Occupy your time screwing her...if not big women always need loving. Single moms are always a win win in bed!(trust me I know this very well)

Thanks for the advice guys. I had quit for 3 months before but then started again. This time i got the fiance to quit too. I am always chewing on gum now and that does seem to help alot. The sex idea is not such a good one that just makes most smokets want a cig even more. But good lookin out. I like the idea haha. The cost of cigarettes these days is nuts and that is alot of the reason i quit going thru our bank book we were spending over 300 a month on smokes. So i started a savings acct of a 3.0 L
Thanks for the help.

I tried explaining the cost a month for smokes and her drinking habits to my soon to be ex wife......she didn't want to hear it. Or she would claim I don't smoke a pack a day. WTF!?!?! Then why do you buy 2 3packs of marbs more then once a week??????? GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR I hope her kids can convince her to quit.

Back