• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Wiesco Piston IC

00stealthySVT

CEG'er
So i have a hook-up thought where i work with wiesco pistons.

Checking interest if people may want these.

Specs: 3liter, stock or 30 over. No coatings other than their own skirt coating, ill check and see if they have any other coatings available.

they will be way cheaper than the Diamond Racing, and will come with beefy wrist pins and rings(more than likely of your choice but i think they use total seal.)

Possibly turn into a group buy, turn around time is 4-6 weeks after payment is made for the heads up

10+ people is ideal for the group buy to get the cost down.

lets her it and whos interested.

they will be around 650-700 bucks if they are laid out with all options but no price is in stone yet

working at a ••••ty towing company lol so who is all up for it. being we have a hook up through wiesco , i think i maybe able to get a deal on K1 rods as well since they are in bed with each other so to speak

well not much interest huh. i can get the pistons for 700ish with Heavy duty rings and wrist pins. and 575 on the rods. but o well.

well if thats not a good price show me a better one.... Diamond pistons are 1000 $ and K1 rods are 649.....

saving almost 400$

It's a fair price for weisco's if they are the good ones. I destroyed 2 built blocks using weisco's on my dsm so I tend to stay away from them, but from wha I have heard the ones they have on the market now are pretty reliable..

i would look more at your engine builder than the piston company. I personally know 30+ people using them in 500+ horsepower cars that have no issues. Not to mention all the people who race moto x and everything inbetween.

and was it 6 or 7 bolt motors and what failed?

well not much interest huh. i can get the pistons for 700ish with Heavy duty rings and wrist pins. and 575 on the rods. but o well.

You really shouldn't be surprised. Just look at the known problem of spun rod bearings in the Duratec V6s. The correct fix is to upgrade the connecting rods but nearly nobody does this. Most of the people who dump a big chunk of change to add on a turbo or supercharger are still too cheap to beef-up the bottom end of the motor. The vast majority of Contour / Mystique / Cougar owners either have very little money or are cheapskates.

I will be buying K-1s when the 3-liter upgrade gets fully underway but have no need to upgrade the pistons; hypereutectics are fine for what I want to do.

not my builder/tuner It was a 97 GSX with a 6bolt swap 272's, fp red, fp manifold, aeromotive fuel rail and reg, 1000cc precesion injectors, jmf intake manifold, built trans and t-case pr fmic, eagle h beam rods, weisco pistons, bored out .020 over springs and retainers, fidanza cam gears, Car was built by myself and a local shop owner who specializes in dsm's and evo's. Car was also tuned by Jestr in Orlando fl air fuel's never dipped below 11.3 at wot tune was safe and streetable. piston just didn't hold up and cracked twice I switched to CP's and never had the problem again.

Back