• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

why can't i...

elraido

I kant speel
Find just a clay bar by itself anywere?!?!?!??! I can find Mothers's clay bar with wax and a cleaner, when I want to try a synthetic wax so I don't need that other stuff. argggggggggggggggggggggggggg.

The Mother's clay kit is nice. The Showtime QD it comes with works great as a clay lube and for light cleaning (bird bombs, dust, etc.) The carnauba cleaner wax that comes with it can be used to wax your door jambs.

If your still set on just buying clay alone a company called clay magic sells their clay with some lube at Autozone.

Or if you want to buy online I would suggest the Detailer's Pride Clay http://www.autogeek.net/dp720.html

i have noticed that turtle wax (I think) has come out with a "liquid clay bar". Any thoughts on this?

i have noticed that turtle wax (I think) has come out with a "liquid clay bar". Any thoughts on this?

I try just about everything that comes out and this, like their Ice Liquid Polish, was a disappointment. If your paint doesn't really need claying it seems to work fine (much like their Ice Polish is fine if your paint doesn't need polishing). I tried Liquid Clay side-by-side with traditional clay bar on two different cars and the difference was night and day.

Do yourself a favor and get the Mothers Clay Kit -- you won't find clay at a major retailer by itself, so if you're price-sensitive, head over to Wal-Mart as they've got the best price I've seen on clay.

Meguiars sells clay bar individually, no QD, no wax, no nothing else! It comes in a plastic tub. It sells for $25-$30, but you get a lot of clay!

Walmart, K-mart, Pepboys, Murrays they all sell just the bar and lube by itself.

here they don't. I just went to a body shop to get some paint for the rear bumper of my car and asked them if they had some. They had meguires, so I grabbed it and went to pay cause there was no price on it. The guy looked it up and said it was $37 and if I still wanted it...I said no. LOL. Looks like to walmart I go.

JimD is right. That liquid clay bar stuff sucks. I really saw no difference when I used it. I'm sticking to a good ole clay bar.

Back