• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Who's who.

im guessing one of the vacuum lines. when i compare what the previous owner gave me, to the aftermarket one on the car, there arent enough lines on the aftermarket one. while the stock one has 3 holes for some sort of hose. idk how to explain it lol. il try to post pics

Name: Chris
Car: 1999 Contour SE ATX (1998 Ford Windstar- Wifes)
Color: Maroon?
Mod List: some kinda muffler

100_0891.jpg

100_0893.jpg

Still unsure if I want to keep the dang thing or trade it for something else.

For the windstar, waiting for the 3.8 to blow so I can drop the Modular 4.6 from the continental into the bish :D

I've been on the lookout for new parts :crazy:

Thing that kills me is the prices. Local JYs want $140 per light
and $350 for SE skirts. Unfortunately we don't have any pick-n-pulls out this way so I'm kinda stuck for the moment.

With the headlights, I've heard all about baking them (that's how a friend made his clear) but I'm not to sure on what grit I'd hafta use if I wanted to sand it down. Plus I never seem to really have any downtime with the car to do much, since the fiancee just had knee surgery and I'm pretty much 'on call' 24/7 where I work.

But we'll see what I can do when i get some real time.

Also- does anyone know how to fix the AC/heater panel. I've looked at a thread on here, but its an archived and I can't see the information. It only blows on 'high'.

I've been on the lookout for new parts :crazy:

Thing that kills me is the prices. Local JYs want $140 per light
and $350 for SE skirts. Unfortunately we don't have any pick-n-pulls out this way so I'm kinda stuck for the moment.

With the headlights, I've heard all about baking them (that's how a friend made his clear) but I'm not to sure on what grit I'd hafta use if I wanted to sand it down. Plus I never seem to really have any downtime with the car to do much, since the fiancee just had knee surgery and I'm pretty much 'on call' 24/7 where I work.

But we'll see what I can do when i get some real time.

Also- does anyone know how to fix the AC/heater panel. I've looked at a thread on here, but its an archived and I can't see the information. It only blows on 'high'.
welcome ,you could get new lights for that price:crazy: I would try sanding and polishing them takes about 15 minutes per side 100grit to 1000 grit in stages then rubbing compound last polishing compound
For the blower it's probably the switch good luck

Not to say it'll work on the Contour lights, but Advance Auto sells a headlight restoration kit for $20. I normally wouldn't suggest it, but I watched my buddy use it on a first-gen Focus...made them damn near perfect again.

I also think the package says it has a life-time guarantee on it too.

Again, that's just a suggestion based on what I saw it do.

Edit:
Here's the link. http://shop.advanceautoparts.com/we...G-Crystal-View_7110142-P_N3312W_C|GRP2074____

Not to say it'll work on the Contour lights, but Advance Auto sells a headlight restoration kit for $20. I normally wouldn't suggest it, but I watched my buddy use it on a first-gen Focus...made them damn near perfect again.

I also think the package says it has a life-time guarantee on it too.

Again, that's just a suggestion based on what I saw it do.

Edit:
Here's the link. http://shop.advanceautoparts.com/we...G-Crystal-View_7110142-P_N3312W_C|GRP2074____

yeah they tried to sell me that. not to say it doesn't work but wet sanding and then polishing with PlastX has been proven to work and it doesn't take to long to do.

also I wouldn't start with 100 gritt, 800 sure but not 100.

yeah they tried to sell me that. not to say it doesn't work but wet sanding and then polishing with PlastX has been proven to work and it doesn't take to long to do.

also I wouldn't start with 100 gritt, 800 sure but not 100.
I did but my lens's were very bad

Just took my lights apart the previous night. I also got that $20 lens kit at autozone and it didn't work as well as I thought. Either that or my lights are really thrashed. Going out to get 800 grit over the weekend to remedy that issue.

On a sidenote, I've pretty much completed the 'hightower' mod but now I'm not sure if I want to add something else to it while its still disassembled. I don't know if the sealant was original or not, but it took an hour and a half (per light) just to pry the dang things open.

I think my lights are just really bad. I tried it again today and its slowly clearing up. Looks like someone glued something to it or starting off with 1000 grit is just too fine for heavy duty work. I was going to do eyelids but then changed my mind. But now I'm sitting here wondering if its possible to do the tails, or put some LEDs in them.

:shrug:

I'll get it going again for you guys...

Name: Marc
Car: 1998 Contour SE
Color: T-Red
Mod List: 'hot air' intake (in the process of making a heatshield) just replaced rear bumper, tinted rear reflector/taillights, installed SE foglights (need to wire them up still)

(96MystiqueGS helped me with alot...bumper, tail lights rear reflector, fogs)

contour1.jpg

contour2.jpg

contour3.jpg

I guess it's about time I stopped in this thread too... I don't have many pics other than these that are recent since I moved here so..

Name: John
Car: '99 CSVT
Mod List: Nothing but some aesthetics and brake/suspension

snow1.jpg

snow2.jpg

(Yes, this is a brownie (state trooper), following me for miles and miles like a jerk - and a Trooper SUV next to me...:shrug:)
Car1.jpg

Name: Adam *Friends just call me Dom, don't ask.*
Car: 1999 Contour SVT
Mods: K&N Cone Filter, Cat-back exhaust, aftermarket head unit

photo020810002.jpg

photo011910001.jpg

(Note what appears to be glowing eyes inside of the car in the second pic) o.o

Name: Dave Cameron
Car: 2005 Mazda RX-8
Color: Winning Blue
Mods: Intake, Exhaust, Suspension, Brakes, Wheels/Tires, etc....

3737666554_035d2988dd_b.jpg

3737666696_e6662839b6_b.jpg

3737666274_3565b7c6aa_b.jpg

Back