• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Who's got the Duratec with the highest mileage?

Version1.1

New CEG'er
I just picked one up with 72K miles. The car is a 95 MTX, but was well maintained. How many miles do you guys have racked up on yours? I hear these engines are quite reliable.

Got 135k on my 98 SVT. Doesn't burn any oil, nor does it use any. It was well maintained before I purchased it.

Adam

I know , I know I just have the feeling that as soon as I do something like that my doors are going to fall off!!!!!!!!!!

I believe Parkecar was coming close to, or was over the 200k mile mark, probably a year ago, or so. I don't know if he still drives the car though, after the little mishap.

Mark

201,429 and counting on a 1998 Mystique LS. Had to replace the automatic transmission once (it's my wife's car, okay?) thankfully under warranty. Otherwise, pretty minor stuff. I'm re-doing the suspension not because it really needs it but to upgrade (Bilstein struts and Eibach springs). Really didn't do anything special -- just changed the oil and filter religiously.

Back