• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Who's done their suspensions?

dTour

CEG'er
I have decided that my car is too low for my liking. That and it kinda rides like crap, prob due to the 35 series tires. So I ordered some Goodyear Eagle F1 All Weather tires today in the size of 225/40/18. http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Goodyear&tireModel=Eagle+F1+All+Season

I am also going to be purchasing the BAT Handling kit with new strut mounts. Can anyone think of anything I should replace maintenence-wise while I am doing the BAT kit? Does anyone wanna maybe help with the wrenching if you have time?
I might have to remove the Mirko after the BAT kit just so I can get the car on the lift so I can get an alignment done too. Crispy or Mikey, do you know if there is a trick to taking it off? Is it just screwed on?

Mikeys Mirko is screwed on with 1 screw/nut combo on each side and with double sided tape... Your best bet although it may not be the one you want to hear is to take the front bumper off for the alignment and in your case just work on it.

I agree... that car is and was too low... especially after the 35 series went on.

I personally have BAT struts w/GC coilovers and love the ride and the ability to raise and lower the car... whats the BAT handling kit you speak of? is it the struts and spring combo?

Last edited:
what suspension is on it now making it so low:shrug:

stay back bagged, or you will end up in a bag.... smell what I'm steppin in???? I think he is asking me for help, indirectly. I will do it for you - cheap, and you give me the old suspension. Drop the car off, I will do the work, then I will call you to pick it up - bumper will be removed so you can get an alignment done on it, then I will put the bumper back on when it is ready.

sound good? great, done deal - let me know when you are ready for my services - JOE (do it,..... do it,... do it)
example of my work:
newpics011.jpg

AQ.jpg

Last edited:
Where in WI do you live? I've done far too many tour suspension setups. I could help ya.

stay back bagged, or you will end up in a bag.... smell what I'm steppin in???? I think he is asking me for help, indirectly. I will do it for you - cheap, and you give me the old suspension. Drop the car off, I will do the work, then I will call you to pick it up - bumper will be removed so you can get an alignment done on it, then I will put the bumper back on when it is ready.

sound good? great, done deal - let me know when you are ready for my services - JOE (do it,..... do it,... do it)
example of my work:
:mad: :mad: :cry: :laugh:

example of my work:
newpics011.jpg

AQ.jpg

What is cheap? I am fully capable of doing it, I just thought maybe you might wanna help wrench on it and have a few beers.......but if you're offering to do it cheaply.........
I do have a 3 car garage with lots of room to work with and air tools too that might make it go along easier. And the old suspension, it's all yours then, I'll have no use for it. I'll PM you my number and we can work something out.

ahh so your the recipiant of mikeys car.

Well if you want a hand with it, I'd be glad to help. I've gone through this process way too many times.

sounds like we should just have a meet at your place dtour! If you don't feel like tackling the suspension, I would do it for you. Let us know what you wanna do.

sounds like we should just have a meet at your place dtour! If you don't feel like tackling the suspension, I would do it for you. Let us know what you wanna do.

dude... I am all over this... name a date and time and I'll be there

I 'd prefer a Saturday though if that matters....

Do you know how to roll fenders? I am thinkin I want to have them rolled. I took the car out today with the new tires and it sounds like the rears are rubbing on the fenders when I hit bumps. I also noticed how bad the camber is, especially on the front wheels.

yeah, I'd be down for a meet.

don't roll the fenders :nonono: damages paint and opens up places for rust to start forming. That car has no paint/rust issues, so keep it that way!
we will figure out what is going on... it might just be the tabs for the rear bumper rubbing on the tire - is there a cut on the tires or signs of rubbing??

don't roll the fenders :nonono: damages paint and opens up places for rust to start forming. That car has no paint/rust issues, so keep it that way!
we will figure out what is going on... it might just be the tabs for the rear bumper rubbing on the tire - is there a cut on the tires or signs of rubbing??

I'll give it a look over tomorrow and see if there are any. I waited too late before calling in my order at BAT so I am calling first thing tomorrow.

On the list is: BAT Handling Kit, Urethane Sway Bar Clamp Bushings(front/rear), Upper Strut Mounts(front/rear), Front Strut Tower Brace and Dual Mode Dampner.
Sounds like a day of fun!

pole120 has a dmd he is willing to sell..... ask him for a price, lots cheaper than new fo sho!

once you change the suspension you should be fine with rubbing issues. The car had different tires on it when I got it and it wasnt rubbing - unless some beefy *****es were in the back for a lunch trip

I pounded the hell outta the rear lip on my car for my wheels/tires - if it needs to be done on your car I can help. I've never rubbed ever with my car and I have 18's with 225/40-18 -- the ground controls are probably about 1/2 way down all around

Well I ordered everything today, minus the DMD. Hopefully pole120 will sell me his. Anyways, BAT is waiting on a shipment of springs so it might be 10 more days or so before it gets shipped. Maybe a meet early October might work?

Back