• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Who tunes Contours?

Matty K

Hard-core CEG'er
Hey guys,

I thought maybe we could get a list of who tunes Contours (remotely, particularly with the X-CAL, I guess). I dunno if Hypnotic Illusions is still around, but I've spoken to the owner of Brenspeed, and he says he can do it.

So, who else do we know? And what results have you experienced?

Yeah, if you've already got yourself an xcal2 then I can tune for you.

I charge $200 for the tuning service and you get more than just one tune.
I have the codes for the SVTs so I shouldn't have any issues.

I can also get xcal2s every now and then and program them myself and ship them out, but it just saves shipping if you already have it.
I don't get any really special discount or anything.
Expect to pay about $350 for you xcal2 and if you want a quality tune you will spend probably between $150-$500 depending on where you go.
I'll expect you to take datalogs and do other things but I will give you plenty of tunes to work with until it is dialed in.

Also, right now is a good time to get a tune from me as I have some extra time.

I will also offer a deal if you get a buddy to buy a tune with you. I'll discount each by $25 if you pay the same day.

Great info!

....I uh, need to get the car running again (and pay for it... good God this was an expensive build), but then we'll chat. :)

For prosperity, are there any other places CEG'rs know of that tune? Does ADC do remote tuning?

Since I'm playing devil's advocate, and trying to make this an informative thread, has anyone had personal experience with ADC?

My tune was from HypIll Auto (bought it with the XCAL), and it was okay for power (based on the butt-dyno), but my gas mileage got HORRIBLE. I contacted Wayne, he suggested it was my driving (it wasn't), and said he'd look into it. That was over a year ago, with no follow-up.

(...and for the record, I'm going to Warmonger, but I didn't want this to be a huge advertisement thread ;) )

I may be wrong but I think ADC's customer service and, well, ADC in general went down the crapper...

Someone correct me if im wrong, but I believe a bunch of people had problems with their tunes and their service...

www.brenspeed.com

Brent White does mail order tunes. He's got great customer service, and is very knowledgable. Tom(Warmonger) would definitely be the way to go though, as he's got the most hands-on experience with Contours, and tuning them. Just pickup a blank Xcal2 from brenspeed, and have Warmonger do the tuning. :cool:

Mark

yeah, i wouldnt even consider ADC.

Back when they were street flight their customer service was top notch, but now, all i hear is horror stories.

Either go with warmongers tuning or brenspeed. ;)

yeah, i wouldnt even consider ADC.

Back when they were street flight their customer service was top notch, but now, all i hear is horror stories.

Either go with warmongers tuning or brenspeed. ;)

i am glad that you guys are telling me this i was actually thinking about having ADC tune my car when i get BurritaSVT's turbo kit but that idea out the window.

i have had brenspeed's tune on my car for over a year and it very good. but once i get a turbo i am looking in Tom's direction for a tune because i have heard only good things about his tunes.

-a

Last I HEARD.. the turbo kit would be offered WITH TOM'S TUNING ALREADY.
I can't think of MANY people that I would trust to tune anything FI'd on this platform. Tom would be the one for me. Hell, that's who tuned my car, when it was HIS car. Who tunes something that they own at a sub-par level?

I am completely satisfied with any tune he's done!

Back