• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Which goodridge SS brake line kit?

Chas

Veteran CEG'er
First up, I only need the rear lines, as I have the baers on the fronts of both my tours. These lines will be going on the 98 LX. The SVT will eventually get the TCE rear kit.

I remember something about the rears being a different bolt depending on the year/trim level. What am I looking for so I know which kit to get:

http://www.andysautosport.com/ford/1995_1997_contour/brakes/brake_lines/goodridge/

Also, if anyone knows who has a kit (or just the rears) that are of equal quality, but for cheaper, please let me know!

you need to check the fittings on the end of the hard lines and match to that.

I figured that, but was hoping for pictures/description of the differences so I can reference to what I have.

BAT sells just the rears for $62ish if you wanna save some dough. I ordered Goodridge lines recently for my Cougar but they only had the male to female lines available for it, and my brakes have the male to male connection, so I had to send them back, but BAT was able to set me straight.

I know for the Cougars, the male to male connection seems to be prevalent on the early '99 MY and either late in that MY or for the 2000-plus MY Ford changed to a male to female connection for the rears. Purely speculating, I would think that your '98 would have male to male connections (based on my early '99 having them) but that's definitely just a slightly educated guess.

Back