• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Where to find headlights?

gonzo1615

New CEG'er
Hey guys, i was just wondering where i could buy a pair of front headlights from, andwhat they run? I had to buy a new grille for the front and as soon as i got it, the clips broke on it, so instead of trying my luck i thought i would ask experts. Can anyone out there remove the yellow blinker for a good price?

Hey guys, i was just wondering where i could buy a pair of front headlights from, andwhat they run? I had to buy a new grille for the front and as soon as i got it, the clips broke on it, so instead of trying my luck i thought i would ask experts. Can anyone out there remove the yellow blinker for a good price?

Try ebay or the classifieds. Ebay sells new and used on there right now. There have been some fitment issues with one of the brands but i don't remember right now which one. Best bet would be to find some used OEM ones that have all the tabs. This has been discussed many times so you can probably find the answers you need if you search the forums. As far as the yellow reflector i believe it illegal to remove it in certain states. Once again this has been debated before so i'm sure if you search for that too you can get your answer.

Can anyone out there remove the yellow blinker for a good price?

BabyJesusCry.jpg

go to a junkyard, you'll find plenty of lights, for way cheaper than ebay, too.

keep in mind that "like new" quality lights are pretty difficult to find. thats why ebay lights are expensive. they're brand new and fit great if they're anything but DEPO

see i just cant find where to get TYC at. rock auto said they pull random brands and cant just give me TYC.

Not sure where specifically to get TYC, usually TYC is sold through body shops, i don't often see them as a product for the general public, oddly now that i think about it. But if all else fails, try and find someone that has a connection at a dealership, i know that there are a couple guys on the boards that are willing to help out.

yea depot sucks

yea depot sucks

3rd set im trying on my car today. Damn I wish they would fire the crack head making them. fit like shiat and on one of them the chrome on the inside wasnt even trimed right . I assuming since the fitment is so bad i cant take the lenses off the depots and put them on my factory housings since thats all i need. ive been sanding with 2000 grit for way to long and they wont come clear:mad:

I got my lights for 180 plus at my local dealer. Its been posted a bazillion times about buying ebay headlights. Its def hit or miss. Just save you money and buy new ones. And keep the reflector, without it looks ricey

just my opinions so dont get offended, I just think clear corners was so like 10 years ago

well, since the topic's been pretty well addressed, i just figured i'd bring up the issue that every time i see this topic on the forum, from reading the title, i just think "try the front of the car, dumbass!" lol, very misleading!

Go to svtperformance.com, click on forums and go to focus and contour section. At the top will be a sticky for Steve @ Tousley Ford in MN. I've bought headlights, new MAF and few other items through him. 10% over cost. Headlights are 98 each. They came with new bulbs too, even though I put back my high beams in the lows.

the clear corners look fine from a distance like in that photo but when you get close to the car it looks odd and you can tell something is missing. you can also see where the reflector mounted into the light ... doesn't look good imho

Back