• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

when it rains!

OB1

Hard-core CEG'er
0721081347.jpg

Somethings missing!

On my way to work today my car decided to fall apart on me.
0721081344a.jpg

0721081344.jpg

0721081343.jpg

This f'in car has been haunted or something every since Nvember of last year! I'm so pissed right now.
For those of you that can't interpret my crappy cell phone pics, it broke both headers & my exhaust just dropped. no I wasn't off roading no I don't have a broken motor mount. I can't explain it. I was just cruising & I went to pass a car & my exhaust dropped.
I figure that all of the times that i bottomed the exhaust out maybe it cracked or weakend the weapon R's. Then today was just my lucky day.
:nonono:

I figure that all of the times that i bottomed the exhaust out maybe it cracked or weakend the weapon R's. Then today was just my lucky day.
:nonono:
OUCH... That's gotta be how it happened. The sucky thing about MIG welding is that it can really weaken the metal NEAR the weld.
Weak spots near welds + bottoming out = :help:
Sorry about your luck man.

At least we didnt dmg that sexy back of yours....

This is something you should be able 2 take care of in no time....

No worries just time wasted...

Hope everything works out!

- amyn

I'm not sure if it made a difference or not, but I'd have the flex pipes closer to the headers. Sorry man.

At least we didnt dmg that sexy back of yours....

This is something you should be able 2 take care of in no time....

No worries just time wasted...

Hope everything works out!

- amyn

*shutters* replacing headers while motor is in the car */shutters* :help:

Should have gone with MSDS over Weapon R? :shrug: That is crazy...when I was looking at the pics, I was wondering....is that the header still attached? :eek:

Yeah i witness the same problem with some weapon R headers this weekend. There was a huge crack right around the welds. Fortunately we caught it before it snapped. Sorry this happened man. I'm sure you'll get it up and running in no time.

I'm strongly considering scrapping the whole thing. Its all I've been thinking about & Ryan & Trey saw the condition of it when they were down. Technically its illegal anyway since they totalled it & I've yet to get it inspected, and I've just lost interest. Then everytime i turn around something like this happens. The motor was coming back out anyway due to the trans repairs I have to make, I just don't think anything is going back in. This was probably the last straw!

It was a great run though, & this is probably my favorite car out of all that i have owned.

OB1 nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo, We all have faith man, dont scrap it!

Don't get me wron it can be fixed, not that big of a deal to fix it. Hell I've got another set of headers. My level of frustration w/ this project has peaked. When I repared it from the deer I had to replace all the wiring then was the trans issues & now my freaking exhaust fell off! I think its time to was my hands of this project, its costing me more money than its worth.

Can't sell a car w/ no title, not to mention I'd get raped if i sell this car to anyone, I'll never get half of what I got in it back.

Back