• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Wheel Wax

I'd like to see a second test, where one half is treated with the wheel glaze, and the other is treated with a regular synthetic wax. IMO, regular wax makes the wheels easier to clean when they get dirty, but I'd like to know whether it keeps the wheel cleaner to begin with.

Since alot of your modern wheels are painted/cleared why not just use your favorite acrylic/synthetic wax:shrug:

yea thats what I though, I zainod my new rims before i put them on, plus the color of my rims are the type where if they get dirty, they will look better :crazy:

Guess I should start waxing my wheels. Hate having to grab the old T-shirts to wipe loads of brake dust off weekly :nonono:

Guess I should start waxing my wheels. Hate having to grab the old T-shirts to wipe loads of brake dust off weekly :nonono:

if you just use wax it isn't going to prevent the build up of brake duct but it makes the wheels easier to clean and helps to keep them cleaner

if you just use wax it isn't going to prevent the build up of brake duct but it makes the wheels easier to clean and helps to keep them cleaner
Good point. I was going on the assumption of the wax used in that picture off autogeek :drool:

Weekly cleaning does do wonders, though. I never have trouble getting the dust off and it's usually a 5> minute job to get them clean + tire shined. It's just a hassle :)

I claybarred my Cougar rims recently. Holy crap shiny!
(then zainoed afterward, of course)

I never got the point of wasting a good wax and claybarring rims.. Maybe if you spent a lot of money on them then yea.. but its not worth it to me. Just buy the Wheel Wax and glaze and be done with it.

I never got the point of wasting a good wax and claybarring rims.. Maybe if you spent a lot of money on them then yea.. but its not worth it to me. Just buy the Wheel Wax and glaze and be done with it.

thats the reason for me, mikes rims were a pretty penny :blackeye:

Back