• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

wheel clearance

svtcrazy

CEG'er
ok i got a question, i bought a set of eibach lowering springs that i am gonna put on, but right now when having one personin the back my rear tires rub on the fenders. i think the struts are bad in the back, could this be the problem, i bought new struts for the front and the rear, but i am wondering if anybody else has had to do anything special to the fenders to allow clearance. i have 17 inch excel dl 46's on to. any help would be good thanks

too low.....and wide!

too low.....and wide!

I have the same problem with intrax springs and 18,s.I,am still looking for ways to stop my tires from rubbing!

rubbing issue

rubbing issue

i have the exel dl-46 wheels on my car but they are 18x7.5 with 225/40-18 tires and i can put two people in the back without rubbing with stock springs
you should check offset of your wheels mine are 45 if offset is right you have a problem with the struts.

my offset is 42 i think, i bought them off wheelmax.com about 5 months ago, but the struts are making alot of noise so i am pretty sure that is the problem, and i will have to fix that lip in the rear fenders

My wheels rub as well, But I have 16 inch rims. I think my problem is that my struts are shot. They only rub when I have people in the back as well.

Back