• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Whats with my clutch pedal???

Mr Bill

CEG'er
Some mornings when I come out the pedal is down to the floor or partially.

After I pump it a few times it wakes up and has its spring back. 170000 same clutch, slave, etc.

Its my slave.

Now I've heard its a ton of work to get that slave out. Let me know if you do it or get it done what method they go about doing it. I just bled mine after removing all radiator hoses and the piece that holds the air filter. Looked so easy if you could remove it from the top.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

I am planning for it and there is a nice thread to remove it out the well . I plan to replace slave but also clutch eventhough its fine.

Not excited about lifting an engine out. Will keep you posted,

I know how to remove ball joints, strut, tie rods, half shaft, etc. but this time I am going in deeper and want to plan what I will do every day since I will work on it after work.

After I have a plan will post it for feedback. I would say I am low on the totem pole compared to the guys on this forum so it always takes me a long time to do it the first time.

The first time I did a halfshaft it took me a long time. The next time I did it in a few hours. Depends on car of also.

You dont have to pull engine just drop subframe. I did it in my gravel driveway with hand tools .First clutch job ever took me 18 hours but i torqued everything to spec and I payed extra attention to which bolt went where.

Back