• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Whats it worth?

sordz

New CEG'er
Hey guys, this is not a for sale listing as I am just curious to what you guys think I could get for the car because I really dont know. First off i got the car with the damage to the car and it may have a salvage title because of it. The rear bumper is cracked and the exhaust is bent, and from the dealer those parts are HUGE money so the guy marked the title when he sold it to me. I have the title in hand and dont see anything saying salvage or anything funny like that though but take that into account. I have not fixed it or done anything to the car since I bought it all I have done is a starter and a 02 sensor the other day cause the check engine light was on, BUT the light is back on and im not sure why and will be selling with it on. It runs perfectly fine but idles alittle jumpy from time to time. Interior is in good shape and the exterior is alittle beat up. With a wash it shines though paint work is good just the lt mirror is broken, lt door is dented, rear bumper cracked, rt rocker mldg missing alittle piece, antenna does not work. Here are pics and yes I know I should wash it.... Just give me a idea what I should ask for it. I will probably wash it up and I can post better pics if need be.

its a 1998.5
121,377 miles.

Thanks guys.

Attachments

• MVC-001L.JPG
    MVC-001L.JPG
    42.4 KB · Views: 0
  • MVC-002L.JPG
    MVC-002L.JPG
    46.8 KB · Views: 0
  • MVC-003L.JPG
    MVC-003L.JPG
    46.4 KB · Views: 0
  • MVC-004L.JPG
    MVC-004L.JPG
    49.3 KB · Views: 0
  • MVC-005L.JPG
    MVC-005L.JPG
    46.5 KB · Views: 0
Well Fairly Mint 2.5's with under 100k miles are going for 4k People are selling for under that as well.

With that mileage, the damage to bumper and Exhaust, i wouldnt expect more thank 2000-2500 on a really good day.

132k on a 2.5 means its only ticking away from a blown motor.
It also has minor cosmetic flaws (dents, molding) on the left and right side. It is showing its age.

I think 2k would be a good price to get for it.

Well Fairly Mint 2.5's with under 100k miles are going for 4k People are selling for under that as well.

With that mileage, the damage to bumper and Exhaust, i wouldnt expect more thank 2000-2500 on a really good day.

132k on a 2.5 means its only ticking away from a blown motor.
It also has minor cosmetic flaws (dents, molding) on the left and right side. It is showing its age.

I think 2k would be a good price to get for it.

132K ticking away from a blown motor? i have over 200K miles on mine no prob....lots of people do. I would say a fair price would be $3K

Is there a hitch on that thing? Whats up with ther lower valance? I sold my SVT in much better condition and a clean title for $2500 two years ago. I would say 2K is fair, especially with a questionable title and all the body damage.

Is there a hitch on that thing? Whats up with ther lower valance? I sold my SVT in much better condition and a clean title for $2500 two years ago. I would say 2K is fair, especially with a questionable title and all the body damage.

It did have a hitch but I took it off. thats why there is that hole. I think I will try for 2k.

Back