• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

What type of duratec

Did you read this post: http://www.contour.org/ceg-vb/showthread.php?64408-What-type-of-duratec&p=891607#post891607

To some people having a working car and a place to live is better than having a car with a special motor and no place to live. lol

3L to 3L is still going to be the same amount of work only he has a template to go off of now.

Yes I read it. I agree, having a place to live is a good thing. :) I'm just saying that a year from now, he might he kicking himself for putting an SE motor in his SVT. Especially when a 3L swap could be done for a few hundred dollars more. Thats all.

intake that came with the 3.0 but eventaully wanna put the svt intake on it.

if you want to use the SVT intake go straight to that. unless you are spending money to get a NPG adaptor its easier to port the heads while the engine is out of the car. also to run a Full 3L you will need a tune right away. going straight to a ported 3L you will not need a tune right away. plus it takes more work on the install end to get a Full 3L running. where as a ported 3L will drop in and everything reconnects as stock.

and I still agree that you should get a 2.5L engine to drop in. To properly build a 3L is not cheap or always quick.

It seems that he has already bought the 3L so telling him to get the 2.5 isnt doing a damn thing to help his situation. Instead of beating around the bush and not giving straight answers to a guy that obviously is asking for straight answers, how about we do what we can to help. Even if that includes swallowing that sense of superiority that we have over newbs and writing a detailed list of things for him to do.

OP (original poster) just so you know, searching WILL get you all the info you need, however most of us do not know your previous experience with forums and all of the wonderful features that they possess, so I will help you out. Below is a link with much detail in what you need to do to get this accomplished:

http://www.contour.org/ceg-vb/showthread.php?63684-MA-3.0l-swap-need-help-have

Read posts 6 though 10. If you need any help just ask. There are quite a few people that are willing to help regardless of your inability to search. I dont condone newbism (yes I just invented a word) but when someone is in a desperate situation I dont mind helping at all.

Back