• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

What size tires can I run?

PHilly

Hard-core CEG'er
I know what's stock, but i wanted to go a little bigger if possible. I've decided to keep my stock 15's and just paint them to save some coin. Does anyone know the widest i can go? I believe the stock rim's i have are 15x6. On the vehicle now are 205/60/15. Thanks! -Jon

First off this doesn't belong is duratec performance.

Second, search. There are many tire rub threads that give sizes and rim combinations.

iirc widest is 235 depending on offset but don't quote me on it.

ok thanks. first off, i have a duratec, second increasing tire width would be considered a performance upgrade. I know it's meant for engine upgrades so sorry. And third, I did search and realized i would rather get a straight up answer if i could.

Last edited:
Calm your ass down. Changing tires is not a performance upgrade to your duratech motor now is it? If you'd look, you'd notice that THERE IS A WHEEL AND TIRE SECTION, where all of your questions are answered. 225.

Calm your ass down. Changing tires is not a performance upgrade to your duratech motor now is it? If you'd look, you'd notice that THERE IS A WHEEL AND TIRE SECTION, where all of your questions are answered. 225.

If you'd look i wrote, I know its not a engine performance upgrade. I posted after i seached because all my questions WEREN'T answered, nowhere did i find info on 15'' rims. It was all 16''+ info. Oh, I'm totally calm buddy.

Back