• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

What else do I post? More track footage

Manimillion

Veteran CEG'er
Here is a video from last years last day I had the car out.

The passenger is my friend who is my instructor. Every now and then I'll get him to jump in my car to give me more feedback, help me setup the car etc...

Enough typing, here is the video. Music won't be everyones cup of tea, I am warning you from now. But it is quite compared to the car :)

Those seats flex alot! I would be bracing them to the seat belt bar. Cool video though as always. What camera do you use?

You need to come to Gingerman July 12th and have fun at zingfest with us Mani!

I have a race on July 8th. If the car is in one piece by then I'll try to make it out.

Oh and it all depends if and when this is done too

313728_10100294572222605_342830666_n.jpg

they can run in STU as well, but thats only at a regional level. i have a SCCA spec cage in my car, but im missing 2 doors.

any reason you didnt mount your shift light up higher? i would think that you wouldnt want to have to look down to see it while on course

they can run in STU as well, but thats only at a regional level. i have a SCCA spec cage in my car, but im missing 2 doors.

any reason you didnt mount your shift light up higher? i would think that you wouldnt want to have to look down to see it while on course

The shift light is so bright, and the way it sits, it shines right into my eyes, so it does what it is supposed to. Hard to tell from the videos, you'd have to sit in the driver seat and see it. I find it to be quite useful to gauge the entry speed into corners by the shift light, so I know what gear, what rpm I usually enter etc..

hey mani do you use the heel/toe technique for slowing down?

Yup. You can see the foot work in the video. I usually brake with the ball of my foot, and just use the side of my foot to blip the throttle. With the pedals setup, I feel comfortable that way. But you can do the regular heel/toe too. If you don't heel/toe, at those speeds and rate of deceleration the car would most likely lock up the front wheels.

that makes sense, my shift light only comes on at the rpm i set it to. I dont have any time on course to look down so i had to put it a on top of the dash

so do you do the down shift right as you need to slow down, or you need to slow down a bit first for the rpms to drop enough so you dont get a rod through your block?

Back