• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

what did you do in the nice weather today?

BrApple

No Life But CEG
I washed both cars, drove and started to detail the SVT. with the Z5 the paint is so smooth and looks like a mirror :drool:

:laugh:

photo.jpg

weather was awesome today!!!!! i cut the nose off a contour then swapped my rims around a couple times to see what i liked more. other then that cleaned up the yard

Finally primed front bumper and side skirt (lots of work on the bumper before hand). If weather is as good tomorrow I'll finish spraying everything tomorrow. Started making the sub box. Some of the last stuff before she's done.

I <3 this weather.

2-5.jpg

3-4.jpg

4-2.jpg

5-1.jpg

6-1.jpg

1-6.jpg

Cleaned garage and did a dump run with the Titan. Then finally got to install the new roof weather strips or whatever you want to call them on the contour.

Then got a chair out, drank beer and watched a snow pile melt :)

I washed both cars, drove and started to detail the SVT. with the Z5 the paint is so smooth and looks like a mirror :drool:

:laugh:

And it will absorb coconuts dropped by African Swallows:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Last edited:
Moved the Cougar from its Winter home in my uncles driveway to a neighbors driveway that's in Florida until who knows. Had enough time to drive it for 1/2hr before it looked like it was going to pour.

For my first time seriously storing a car I think I did pretty well. Pulled the battery, added stabilizer to the 1/4 tank of gas, box of mothballs in the engine bay and a can of that de-moisturizing powder and an air freshener for the cabin. Car sat for 5 months open to the elements with only a car cover.

Only found 1 tiny clump of mouse hair in the engine bay. Wires, from what I could see, were untouched. Interior smelled clean and not a hint of mustiness. Hooked the battery up and primed the fuel line twice before cranking it and she fired up first try. Let her warm up for a 10 minutes and took it for a casual drive to get the flat spots rolled out and the brakes cleaned off.

Only thing I've noticed is there's a slight squeak when turning left. I can't remember if it was doing that before I put it away or if it's just something that's from sitting. I also forgot how deep & throaty it sounded. :)

Dropped the Subaru off at the dealer for its 30k maintenance at 10am. Walked roughly 5 miles through Manchester. Got to see the sights, I don't think I've ever been on Elm St on a Saturday morning. I'm fairly certain I passed a couple of drug deals on Second St though.

Service completed around 2pm and I drove home. Installed the new head unit into the SVT finally. Took the SVT for a short ~81mi drive around New Hampshire.

Dropped the SVT off at home, started up the GT and drove ~80mi to Worcester area. This trip was painful. I had a headache so I took some Tylenol before departing, and I'm pretty sure the medicine was not non-drowsy. :blackeye:

Had dinner at my parents' house, then went out to see Watchmen with some friends at the Shoppes At Blackstone Valley (Millbury Mall).

Awesome awesome day. I can't wait for spring!

Did some house work early, took the boy on a walk around the circle a few times in his little car (he made vrooom sound effects nearly the entire way - thats growin up right!). We went to a daycare classmates 2nd birthday party then came home and had someof our friends over for dinner.

Looks like another warm day today....more friends coming by the house...they're expecting and I'm figuring that we will be passing a lot of our stuff over to them now that Carter crawls...

Matty, the roads in your parents neighborhood have taken a beating this season. Some of the heaves and dips are terrible. But I imagine it will slow and/or reduce traffic so they must have mixed feelings. With the front winglets and the carbon front splitter, I may not be able to safely make thru some of the sections west of their house.

They do that every spring. :shrug:
Lately, driving in the area I'm reminded of that scene in Kill Bill II where The Bride is flying down the Mexican roads in her convertible.

I encourage you to take a drive on Millbury Rd in Oxford (between Old Millbury Rd and Depot Rd). Beware of the frost heaves, but also take note of the large section that was completely repaved not more than five years ago. This area has a lot of vernal springs that run directly underneath the roads and wreak havoc on the pavement. The repaved section actually had some dips that my old Contour would scrape on with its stock suspension.

I'm fairly certain I passed a couple of drug deals on Second St though.

i dont know why its so funny, but i keep laughing when i think of you walking through the ghetto. you would look so out of place there. heres cute little matty strolling by a drug deal :laugh:

On Friday, I hand washed the BMW after work. It was disgusting and I haven't hand washed it since last summer.

On Saturday, drove up to Aircougars, unloaded some parts, paid for my monthly storage and continued to Wontgrowup's and picked up some Roush wheels. Perfect day to go for a drive like that. :cool:

I washed the taurus, pulled the mustang out of the garage and ran it for a little bit and the bike.opened windows in the house to air it out some and ordered some more parts online(post to come). I was thinking of driving out to moms house to run the contour but bailed on that idea..haven't seent it since new years eve :cry:.

Back