• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

What all do I need to do an upper and lower intake manifold swap

I<3mycontour

CEG'er
I'm looking to get an svt uim, lim, optimized tb, and fuel injectors and rail I was wondering what I needed to do this swap successfully, can I use my stock se throttle body as I imagine it will be a while before I find a bracket for it, do I need the svt IMRC can I get away with using a mustang TB? and I suppose is it worth the 325 im paying for it? I know the fuel injectors require a tune is there any way a dealership can flash my ecu to fix this? Also are the svt heads any different than the se? Could I just swap the cams in?

all you need to do to swap the UIM and LIM is to swap it , stock se TB might be to small im pretty sure the se TB is around 55mm (could be wrong ) and the svt TB is 60mm , me personaly would do a svt TB and call it a day but if you dont i would atleast optimize your se TB , a mustang TB would be over kill for you in my opinion , svt heads are diffrent they flow a little better and have a higher compression ratio , the cams are diffrent as well ( you can swap svt cams into your se heads ) , swap the injectors as well and get a tune when everythings done

well the reason I ask is because no one seems to have the throttle body brackets and cable for sale... Do I have to pull the motor to do the cam swap?

your se TB will get you by till you find the other items you need but atleast optimize your se TB , im pretty sure you have to pull the motor to get the rear head off these cars , but if your going threw all that why not just do a full svt motor swap or even a 3L ? i see full svt motors every now and then on craigslist for 3-500 bucks , ive found 3L's for 4-800bucks

I have a full SVT UIM/LIM/TB/Injectors/Cams from a car that im doing a 3L swap in if you are interested (PM me if you are). it wont come with the TB bracket or the cable but im sure someone (svttour perhaps) has them they would sell for a good price.

you can also use a automatic V6 tb bracket with your svt tb. that's the set up i have on my car for about 2 years now. but it does delete a little less then half of ur pedal travel and u have to trim a part off of the bracket that's not needed, but its a cheaper alternative to buying a svt bracket. you will also have to use the automatic tb cable witch is the same as the SVT tb cable (i may be wrong but that's what i am running on my car and it works just fine) it does take a little bit to get use to the much touchier gas pedal but i love it now and would not want it any other way! hope that helps! and i can snap some pics of my set up if you would like

Back