• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

What a SVT worth parting out?

KrazyT

CEG'er
I am looking at a SVT that has a dead motor.. Door and fenders are dented and so is a rear quarter panel.. I can get it pretty cheap. I was going to keep the front/rear and skirts.. Any idea what the rest would be worth? its a 98 w/ 13x,xxx miles..

Thanks!!

The 2 i parted out both brought in a little over 2k. But your keeping the bumpers and skirts so there is $400 you wont make and the engine is another $250 you wont make. Thise are my prices for those parts bu i price my stuff cheap to sell fast : some guys jack up the price and sit on parts till the right buyer comes along.

The key to actually sell parts is to keep them cheap. Don't price yourself out of the market.

Parts sales are STUPID slow right now, so you could be sitting on a lot of stuff for a long time.

I'm thinking $500 fairly quickly which will mainly be some of the engine bits that people want to upgrade on their non-SVT's. It's really hard to say without seeing the condition of the vehicle. If the previous owner dented up the car, then I would venture to say the rest of the car was treated the same and the wheels may be curbed and the leather interior is soiled/cracked which makes it less desirable for someone wanting to buy those parts. A SVT UIM, TB, and PCM recently sold on ebay for $179. A brand new LIM sold for $199, so I think you might be lucky to get an extra $50 for a used LIM. Some of the other stuff, I think you'll sit on for awhile like interior pieces, electrical components, brake components, body panels, etc. What's the condition of the transmission? That may bring up the $$$ up a few hundred. Personally, unless you have a place to store it and are willing to hang onto these parts for over a year to wait for someone on the forums that needs something, its probably not worth it in my mind.

well I can get the car for about 500... does that effect anything? i can post pictures. the interior looks really nice as well! I was going to swap the body over to my SE since I have issues with the front and rear bumper. Not trying to make it an svt just look better :)

$500 isnt a bad deal. You will be able to get your money back and have your body kit for free. The key is having a place to do the work and keep the parts till they sell and also the motiviation.

Back