• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Weird?

Yeah pulling the man card doesnt always work in a relationship (as many of us can relate too). I told her hey, I'm taking the car painting it, fixing and painting the wheels, buying whole new interior, new lights, few new motor parts and she said ok thats fine. 3,000+ dollars later I dont know if she would be as receptive. Not that it will matter since its my college money :)

Yeah pulling the man card doesnt always work in a relationship (as many of us can relate too). I told her hey, I'm taking the car painting it, fixing and painting the wheels, buying whole new interior, new lights, few new motor parts and she said ok thats fine. 3,000+ dollars later I dont know if she would be as receptive. Not that it will matter since its my college money :)

Naa Man, that's just OTHER guys it doesn't work for. It'll work fine for you! :cool:

Try it.

Ehh I'll pass on that, but I will be getting the kit no matter so you dont have to worry..lol

Good, now just save up the money and buy it already! Well the entire 3L is strapped up and ready to go. From break down to finish it took about 8 hours. It was very nice having the heads ready just to be bolted on. It won't be until Monday until I'm able to get it into the car though.

Well I got it started up today and it's running very rough. It vibrates when running and makes a very loud noise almost like a rod knock but it is the same at all rpm ranges. Oil pressure on startup is about 100 psi. I'm also pulling a p0460 code which has something to do with fuel but I'm not quite sure. It is almost running like the spark plugs are mixed but they are correct.

bad plugs? maybe you shouldn't be working on cars bud.

Yeah good idea todras, I should quit working on cars because I made one careless mistake the first time around and the second time around I don't completely torque down the rear header to the y-pipe. Maybe everyone on this board should quit working on cars when something doesn't go their way the first time, good idea:troutslap:

Yeah good idea todras, I should quit working on cars because I made one careless mistake the first time around and the second time around I don't completely torque down the rear header to the y-pipe. Maybe everyone on this board should quit working on cars when something doesn't go their way the first time, good idea:troutslap:

So does that mean you have her up and running correctly?

The damn y-pipe doesn't seem to want to line up with the headers. If I get the rear one on correctly the front one won't line up perfectly. Everything's good except for this annoying exhaust leak which is making my car sound like I've got a giant fart can right under my car.

The leaking y-pipe threw me off as well as not having the roll resistors perfectly lined up. It made it seem like there was a misfire by the sound and the vibration of the car due to the roll resistors.

I think what he thought was a miss was a large exhaust leak. David call me on my cell and we can work on this thing

Well I figured out that the vibrations weren't from the roll resistors at all. For some reason the belt tensioner rocks back and forth very quickly at idle and literally vibrates the entire car. This is the same belt tensioner I took from my old 2.5L engine so I'm not sure what's going on but it's definately the belt tensioner. Anyone ever hear of something like this?

Yes, I have seen that. It could be a bad bearing in the tensioner pulley and it can also be something that isn't allowing the tensioner to be fully tight, such as a weak or broken spring.

I think that the first course of action for me is to replace the tensioner since it has been under a lot of stress during the install and then to see what is going on from there.

I think that the first course of action for me is to replace the tensioner since it has been under a lot of stress during the install and then to see what is going on from there.

Hey it's been a while since we heard from you about this latest issue. Was it the tensioner causing the problem? just curious to see if you've finally got it all set.

No I replaced the tensioner and the idler pulley and I'm still having issues. I've run out of options and I'm about ready to take it into a shop.

Back