• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Weber County Area, where to avoid?

Swazo

Hard-core CEG'er
For those who know the Weber county area fairly well, could you steer me away from "bad" areas? I can handle so-so areas, as I'm looking for a cheap fixer-upper. I just don't want flat out crackhouses or welfare cases for neighbors. I won't be officially residing there, but I will be spending a lot of time there :shrug:

TIA!

I grew up in South Ogden and Currently live in Roy. Anything south of 36th Street in South Ogden isn't bad. I love Roy. But I'm right on the border with Davis County. My area is not bad at all. What exactly are you looking for?:shrug:

I'm considering a few houses, duplexs and some triplexs up there for rentals. I need look over the area really well, but most of them are around Ogden Cemetery and the surrounding parks. It's crazy how cheap muck of the area costs, but I'm looking for the catch.

I'm considering a few houses, duplexs and some triplexs up there for rentals. I need look over the area really well, but most of them are around Ogden Cemetery and the surrounding parks. It's crazy how cheap muck of the area costs, but I'm looking for the catch.

My dad has done rentals in Ogden before. He ended up selling all but one cause the area's got to bad. He still has one on the Ogden/South Ogden border.

Well, a lot of them are around Ogden cemetery and the parks of that area. Lots of decent places, the prices are right..... cheapest in the state. I just need to talk to more locals to gauge the area a bit better.

Well, a lot of them are around Ogden cemetery and the parks of that area. Lots of decent places, the prices are right..... cheapest in the state. I just need to talk to more locals to gauge the area a bit better.

Central Ogden, FTL. If I were looking in Ogden right now I would aim for at least Harrison or further east. Washington east probably wouldnt be so bad if you were north of probably around 17th. There can be some really intresting finds up there. Good luck Daymon.

BTW, if you are up there in about two weeks or so, give me a call, Ill take you for a spin in the S/C SVT...and maybe even let you drive it. ;) We'll see how it compares to Swazo.

I was planning on hitting you up when I go back up there, I wanna see de Cougar and de SC'd SVT :cool:

I've got a couple of homes and a duplex that's just east of washington and 15th. MOST of the others are around 26th and washington. But for $40K-$60K, it'll be worth looking at them!

For a place to buy to rent out?

Honestly, I'm not sure what I'm going to do. I might be moving to Washington, so having any rentals would be a bad idea for me.

Last edited:
For a place to buy to rent out?

Honestly, I'm not sure what I'm going to do. I might be moving to Washington, so having any rentals would be a bad idea for me.

A place to buy, but with its location, I could rent it for up to a month at a time while I am in Wyoming. Bear Lake beach house, FTW.

Well, I think I may actually move to Ogden. I've found some really good deals for a few houses to flip, rather than possible rentals. All east of Harrison, so they're worthy of picking up. I'll be going up Saturday to do some walk throughs with the agents

I passed on the out of state jobs (Union work in Seattle, and KBR/Halliburton in Baghdad, Iraq) and am sticking it out here in Utah after all.

Even better news, the Impala just might stay after all, and there will be a garage for other...... "projects" :)

Last edited:
Bah, the one home I actually wanted out of the bunch accepted an offer that was slightly higher than my low ball offer I had second thoughts about even giving that low :blackeye:

SO mad at myself right now :cry:

Oh yeah, you and Dave are in Layton. Up north just keeps getting harder and harder to not move up there. The market is good because of the currant value aspect of it compared to the rest of Northern Utah, and the growth is solid IMO.

I've bad mouthed Ogden for so long, it's hard to ditch my ignorant ways now that I've actually taken a hard look at it.

Back