• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Weapon R Coolant Overflow Tank

excel4600c

CEG'er
Yeah i know this has been talked about before but for some reason the old forums wont let me search. My only question is does it worp after being expose to high heat and/or pressure because of the cap does not vent the pressure, it was talk about at NECO but some ppl that said they had no problems with it. I want to get one when i get my Samco hoses but not if its going to worp. If i have to do alittle modification to get the hoses to fit thats fine. I just want to know if theres a cap that i can buy that will release pressure or if the stock cap does it or even will i need to modify it to have a vent hose or what ever cause my stock one has a hose closest to the engine mount that just looks like it drain out and if any body has any pictures of one in there car please post cause i would like to get a better look as to what it looks like installed.

Theres no vent on the stock cap..It will work just fine..

pre98 had a pressure releif vent built into the cap ... post 98 do in a way but have the overflow tube to dump coolant out the side ...

you have a radiator cap for a reason...

:confused: not in the traditional sense .... so your just left with the one on the overflow tank, which most likely shouldn't be called an overflow tank because its part of the system ...

honestly, forget about the coolant tank, yes they look really cool. but it sounds like you've already read my rants on neco...

yeah i thought about it and i think im just going to get a new one from ford to replace mine. Nothing is wrong with mine but i hate the color its like a throw up green right now.:nonono:

the coolant tank that is built into the system is a surge tank(pressureized) as compared to an over flow tank (non-pressurized) surge tank isnt supposed to relieve pressure unless it just gets too extreme, in which case you probably should worry about something internally instead of your tank

Back