• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Way too much info about a door

Aussie Ford

Hard-core CEG'er
In the NW forum I did a posting about last weekend and all the goodies one can do to a door. Specifically my 99's drivers door. You may find it interesting.
http://www.contour.org/ceg-vb/showthread.php?t=43777

The only things remaining that I think could be done are:
Colorizing parts of it like blu_fuz and others have done or
Doing the LED's in the mirror covers as wiredmotorsports did.

I may try the LED's in the mirror cover sometime but having a Tropic Green tour the proper color parts are hard to come by if one (like me) messes something up, especially since I have the heated mirrors from a pre 98...... LOL

I know most of you haven't thought much about doing mystique mods to the tour, but they did have some nice extra features not available to us, and all the parts just swap in whereas Mondeo stuff usually doesn't.

AF

do you know if the mystique has a MNB interior so we can do this to our mnb svts... i cant recall if it does
yes, I've seen it on the pre 98's, but never found any of those door panels that were not broken at the jy.

I was thinking one could just find a set and color them using one of the SEM products. I used that on a jeep to match interior parts and they held up execellant. I even used them on my 95 tour for the read door panels and no issues. Aussie rides in the back with the seats down and he hasn't even messed them up in about 3yrs. To me that speaks volumns about the product.

Back