• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Wax Removal

D.Acker

Owner/LUCA’s *****
Admin
How do I remove unwanted wax?? What I mean is from the black plastic areas, like around the taillights, backup lights etc. I have searched the forums but was unable to find anything.

Also, E1 wheels, are they painted aluminum and what is the best product to really shine them up without damaging them?

50/50% rubbing alcohol and water in a spray bottle, or goo-gone.

the SVT E1 sales sheet says the wheels are painted. so i would say start with a light polish. then goto more aggressive if that dose not work.

theres a "read first" sticky in the section that has polishes that people have liked.

50/50% rubbing alcohol and water in a spray bottle, or goo-gone.

the SVT E1 sales sheet says the wheels are painted. so i would say start with a light polish. then goto more aggressive if that dose not work.

theres a "read first" sticky in the section that has polishes that people have liked.

Thanks Jon. I'll give it a try, I either didn't scroll far enough or scrolled past the wheel cleaner section in the read first sticky!!

Thanks Jon. I'll give it a try, I either didn't scroll far enough or scrolled past the wheel cleaner section in the read first sticky!!

To be honest Dave, I use regular car was on the wheels, keeps them shining and helps repel brake dust.

I usually use NXT on the windows and wheels, The usually something Carnuba based on the rest of the car....

Last edited:
i don't recommend wheel cleaner as they can be very harsh. would you use it on your paint? probably not.

like Steve said. use a sealent or wax, or both (sealent first then wax). do that after polishing if they do in fact need polishing. just treat them like your paint and you should be golden.

One must exercise extreme caution when waxing off. Particularly the unwanted areas.

So...Don't wax off with the chunky variety of peanut butter????:confused:

Yow, Petes 100% right, Creamy peanut butter will do the job for ya. It's just that everytime I post it, people think I'm being a smart ass.....

Last edited:
Yow, Petes 100% right, Creamy peanut butter will do the job for ya. It's just that everytime I post it, people think I'm being a smart ass.....

HUH, really?? Then how do you get the PB out of the same place the wax was, jelly????

Back