• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Wastegate spring

Ryan, are you sure your having WG issues? Sounds more like your losing boost up top for another reason. Maybe boost leak, since your turbo should be able to hold that no problem. Have your pressure tested your system at all? Is the boost going to zero or just dropping slightly and holding? Still doesn't hurt to pressure the system for the amount of boost you want to run, plus maybe 2psi. You would be suprised were leaks can creap. Also check to make sure your BOV is sealing properly. That flutter we talked about sounded more like a leak to me or to strong a spring, which I doubt. I would look there first.

Ryan, are you sure your having WG issues? Sounds more like your losing boost up top for another reason. Maybe boost leak, since your turbo should be able to hold that no problem. Have your pressure tested your system at all? Is the boost going to zero or just dropping slightly and holding? Still doesn't hurt to pressure the system for the amount of boost you want to run, plus maybe 2psi. You would be suprised were leaks can creap. Also check to make sure your BOV is sealing properly. That flutter we talked about sounded more like a leak to me or to strong a spring, which I doubt. I would look there first.

The boost hits 14psi and stays for a second then dropps down to 7-8psi. I will have the system pressure checked before I swap out the spring as a just in case, thanks once again man, damn yall are friggin awesome:cool:

Checking for leaks would be good Ryan.
As mentioned you want the spring in the wastegate to be the LOWEST boost you want and then add higher boost with the controller.
Also, I wouldn't waste your money on the AMS-1000, the AMS-500 is all you need. I've looked at them close and the 500 is all I and you would need.
There is a sponsor over at turbomustangs.com or turboforums.com that has them for a good deal, let me know if you want that contact info.
-J

Checking for leaks would be good Ryan.
As mentioned you want the spring in the wastegate to be the LOWEST boost you want and then add higher boost with the controller.
Also, I wouldn't waste your money on the AMS-1000, the AMS-500 is all you need. I've looked at them close and the 500 is all I and you would need.
There is a sponsor over at turbomustangs.com or turboforums.com that has them for a good deal, let me know if you want that contact info.
-J

Yeah get me his info that would be great man, thanks.

Damn Joey you are quick, I got the spring last night. But before install I will be doing a pressure check, any shop that works on turbo cars should be able to do a pressure test right?

just go to the local hardware store but some PCV ends caps but a 1/4" tap I think it is and thread in some air hose ends to the pcv cap but bring your coupling with you so you can test fit the ends caps into th your silicone hoses. The coupling out of the turbo usually 2" or 2.5" I bring with you and the coupling before the TB. You will only use one end with the fitting hook it to an air compressor with the regulator turned down to 30 psi and add air to the piping make sure you hose clamp them tight it will scare crap out of you when it pops off..........trust me get me everytime. I uses a leak down tester but if you don't have one just use the compressor then go listen for leaks and use your hands to feel coupling ends for air moving. Works everytime joey

Back