• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Wake up Capital CEG!

I have noticed that with the headers and stock exhaust, it can get a little buzzy at times through the rpms.

I had my own fun on Sunday when making my way to MIR for import vs domestic. Had a hole in my fuel line and lost 3/4 tank before I could get stopped and patch it up.

just ranting..

took the sister to her appt. today, first time she's been in the car since it underwent surgery. It's also the first time she's heard the MSDS headers with stock exhaust at 3500RPM. She said it sounded like "one of them rice burners". LOL. I just laughed and told her she can walk.:laugh:

A magnaflow resonator would clear that right up......

That's what I did with mine. The previous owner removed the stock resonator and I put a high flow cat on there (thats why i was so loud when u heard it) After the swap it was terribly raspy to the point that I didn't want to drive it. Sounded great at idle though:)

A magnaflow resonator would clear that right up......

That's what I did with mine. The previous owner removed the stock resonator and I put a high flow cat on there (thats why i was so loud when u heard it) After the swap it was terribly raspy to the point that I didn't want to drive it. Sounded great at idle though:)

I've got plans for my exhasut. :) trubendz test pipe, 3 in. pipe after that, no resonator, and magnaflow mufflers with a 4 in. tip.

I've got plans for my exhasut. :) trubendz test pipe, 3 in. pipe after that, no resonator, and magnaflow mufflers with a 4 in. tip.

From what I've read, unless you're planning to boost 3in may be too big. Might wanna go with a 2.5 if you're staying N/A.

From what I've read, unless you're planning to boost 3in may be too big. Might wanna go with a 2.5 if you're staying N/A.

I dont know yet. I'm still working on getting the car past its' final inspection. I might just do a 2.5in no res. and a 3in tip. I kind of want to fill out the tip area in the bumper..

Back