• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

w00t! Fedex brought me a present!

281Thunder

Veteran CEG'er
svtcheaders.jpg

Finally! After 2 months, lol. Can't wait to get started on this pain.

Congrats man. I've been trying to get a set of these since i got my car. What are the average HP gains with these anyway?

I believe it's been dyno proven around 15HP for Cougars, probably similar for Tours. I just started spraying mine a few minutes ago, they're hanging from wires in the garage awaiting the next primer coat. :D I'm going to coat and bake them now, then when I come home again for winter break, coat and bake a second time and then install. The excitement is building...

I believe it's been dyno proven around 15HP for Cougars, probably similar for Tours. I just started spraying mine a few minutes ago, they're hanging from wires in the garage awaiting the next primer coat. :D I'm going to coat and bake them now, then when I come home again for winter break, coat and bake a second time and then install. The excitement is building...

what are you using to coat yours?

Wow. I spent about 6 hours today trying to get started on this. In that time, I got the Y-pipe off, and 1 manifold stud out...just too much rust. Actually broke 2 bolts, lol. I really don't have the time or energy right now to put these things in...they're goin up for sale.

I was gonna say, lots of PB Blaster and band-aids are a must for this job. Hate to see you sell them since they are one of the few worthwhile mods for this car. If you want, I'll come give you a hand one afternoon.

Thanks, that'd be cool but I'm pretty filled up with class and work. Plus I'm moving out next month so I could use the money for something else. It is the daily driver so I figure stock is ok, lol.

Looks good. Like you said i hope it holds up cause it sounds like it would be a :censored::censored::censored::censored::censored: to have to remove and re-coat

Back