• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

VVME HID Kit $99 Shipped to your door!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Icefury

Veteran CEG'er
I've seen alot of people advertising HID kits lately and I wanted to pass this gem of a find on to the community. $99 VVME HID kit "Shipped" to your door (no group buy needed). For the price, nothing beats them.

VVME Kit Includes:

* 2 x HID Bulbs
* 2 x Ballasts
* 2 x Secure Mounting Brackets
* 2 x Power Cables
* 4 x Zip ties
* All necessary wires and accessories
* Installation Manual (English)
* 14 Month Warranty on Bulbs and Ballasts

Available Color Temperateures:

4300K Extreme White 3100 lumens
6000K Diamond White 2900 lumens
8000K Iceberg Blue 2500 lumens
10000K Brilliant Blue 2300 lumens
12000K Purple 2100 lumens

Available Bulb Sizes:

H1/H3/H4/H4-2/H7/H8/H9/H10/H11/9004/9005/9006/9007/880/881

These ship directly from the manufacture in China which is why they can sell them at this price (no middle man markup). Takes about a week to get them. I'm using 2 sets of these on my CSVT and are very pleased with them. Pudmunkie (Alex) was impressed by these kits and now offers them with his projector retrofits. Any questions feel free to ask.

Buy them on Ebay:

http://motors.search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZflashplus

Company Website:

http://www.vvme.com

VVME1.jpg

VVME2.jpg

hidkit_small_5.jpg

Last edited:
Per forum guidelines:

*Group Buys require special circumstances. Usually, this consists of a special run of a product, minimum number of participants, lower prices, a deadline, etc. If it is a product that will always be available at a certain price regardless of participants, then it is NOT a Group Buy.

Read the thread I started a month ago on HID. VVME was specifically listed and discussed already.

Thats an awesome deal for anyone looking for a budget HID set. I think I paid $177 shipped for an Ebay kit when I bought te Grand Prix.

I wish they were this price back then. Maybe i can talk Griselda into a kit for the Focus.....

Last edited:
Per forum guidelines:

*Group Buys require special circumstances. Usually, this consists of a special run of a product, minimum number of participants, lower prices, a deadline, etc. If it is a product that will always be available at a certain price regardless of participants, then it is NOT a Group Buy.

Read the thread I started a month ago on HID. VVME was specifically listed and discussed already.

Keyser:

I posted this only in the interest of informing CEG of a low cost HID solution that clocks in 50% cheaper than any other HID kit ever listed here. I'm not here to step on your shoes, bash what you presented to CEG, or debate VVME vs the HID kits you were offering. People can read/compare and make up their own mind. I simply wanted everyone to be aware that they can acquire an HID kit for $100 and pass on my personal experience with them. I felt because $100 for a HID kit was such a fantastic deal, it was worthy of mention in GB.

As to your discussion of VVME, if your referring to your $205 HID group buy thread, the only thing brought up about VVME was Alex asking you if your kit was a restampped VVME kit and your answer of no. VVME was "mentioned" in your thread, but I saw no conversation about it.

this is really a great kit for the money. ive had a set of 4300k for about a month and i love them

oh and

which is the striaght blue 8 or 10k?

seriously when you get over 6000k you kinda just look dumb. the pure white of 4300k has awesome output and if youre going for looks, the 6000k has just enough blue to look sweet. thats just an opinion though. you lose light output when you get too blue

Flashplus has his own website where he sells kits and accessories. It's www.mydepots.com. The MD01 kit on the website is $95 + shipping. When I asked him why there was a difference in the ebay price and the price in his website, he told me that the ebay sets have ballasts made by Panasonic while the kits on his website have ballasts made by Seimens. He said that the Seimens are better quality and that is the reason for the slightly higher price. Personally I don't see why it would really matter since they both have a 14 month warranty.

As for a special "Group Buy" price, if you order from the website the discounts are:
1-4 $95.00
5-9 $93.10
10-19 $92.15
20+ $90.25

Plus, a registered reseller one his website such as myself, get's an additional 4% off. He has sold many kits to the volvo community through www.volvospeed.com. Here is a link to 32 pages of people praising the kits: http://volvospeed.com/vs_forum/Xenon-Hid-Conversion-Kit-Usd-125-Shipped-t69170.html.
I have also ordered 7 kits for friends and all have worked perfectly. CEG member DSVTJ has a set of 4300k in his car.

If anyone has any questions, let me know.

That guy is lieing to you then, there is no way those are made by panasonic OR siemens. They are made by a little Taiwanese lady!

I see these boxes all over china when I visit. They say its german technology or imported from germany or whatever... (because they ganked the design!)

I like the VVME kits for cheap disposable ballasts. however most of the VVME kits are not coming with harness. I wonder if you're supposed to specify....

I like the VVME kits for cheap disposable ballasts. however most of the VVME kits are not coming with harness. I wonder if you're supposed to specify....

When I go to the VVME website to research, it shows this:
2 x Power Cables or 1 x Relay Harness (with built-in 25A fuses)
I wonder if that means these are coming with a harness, or if I will need to buy one from the other GB that just happened (buy this VVME kit, and the harness from that place for like $40) which would make this HID conversion like $150... :shrug:

Here's a big question I've had about the HID kits.... If you order them with the same bulb setup as say your Contour, does the bulb twist into the same location, or is it just that the plug is the same? Or is it both?

When I go to the VVME website to research, it shows this:
2 x Power Cables or 1 x Relay Harness (with built-in 25A fuses)
I wonder if that means these are coming with a harness, or if I will need to buy one from the other GB that just happened (buy this VVME kit, and the harness from that place for like $40) which would make this HID conversion like $150... :shrug:

Like I said, the last 3 sets i bought said harness, but only came with lead wires into the ballasts. buy one for 40, or build one for 10.... your choice.

Here's a big question I've had about the HID kits.... If you order them with the same bulb setup as say your Contour, does the bulb twist into the same location, or is it just that the plug is the same? Or is it both?

If the bulb is a 're-base' (ie. you are ordering a 9005, or an h9, etc.) then what they have done is created an HID bulb with the same bulb base as your car, instead of the standard D2S bulb which is a circle with notches.

Per forum guidelines:

Again, without stepping on anyone's toes/pride/feelings/etc, I'm sticking with Keyser's light kit and Cliff from mobileHID.com. I've had dealings with him aside from the 9005 kit and he's been nothing short of amazing in his customer service. I'm very pleased with the kit I got from him and the way he's handled himself in his dealings with me. I intend to continue dealing with him in the future because I know he'll take care of any questions or problems I may have. I've been in retail long enough to know that "you get what you pay for" isn't just a catchy phrase and customer service is a measure of what a business is really worth.

I'm currently talking to someone from the My depot site, the VVME and the MY Depot site are and I quote, "We are two different business units of the same company." Sounds like the kits should integrate with factory plugs and use the factory mounting location, or you can use the relay harness instead....

I guess it's my time to chirp in.

I bought a 4300K kit from Keyser. I like his communication. But unfortunately it's his friend Cliff to decide the price. I wanted to buy 2 set and Cliff said no any shipping discount. So I thought I can definitely buy one later if I really like the $205 kit, since there is no discount on more unit.

When I received my unit, I do like it so I am thinking to get one more set. Just for curiosity, I browsed ebay and found thousands of kit. I found one almost identical to the one I have in hand but for $102 shipped. I sent the link to Keyser and he forwarded it to Cliff, who claimed the kit "inferiorly made". I know this kit doesn't have the harness, but it comes with 2 power cable that connects to the original head light harness. I was thinking, for 1/2 the price, maybe I should give it a try, so I ordered. The kit came in 3 days.

I compared two kits side by side. Keyser's kit is better packaged with a very nice looking box. Also Keyser kit ballast has a sticker for 'DAX35DKE' mark. But the other side of the ballast is just a film, that I realized was to protect the shiny surface of the ballast. The ebay unit, has two side of the film. Other than these, there are no difference between the kits. They even have the same sticker with bar codes that's the serial number of the ballast. They are only different in the last 5 digits and the rest is the same. Even the location of the stickers are the same. Then I realized they were from the same place. Every details are identical, like the plastic cup of the lamp, the length, the colors of cables, the brackets. I didn't want to open up the ballasts to compare but I know they will be the same.

So now I understand why this ebay kit has two side of films on the ballast. The reseller can peel it off and put their own sticker/mark and sell as their brand.

The ebay ad says only quality ballasts do not need a harness. Cliff obviously disagreed so I took his expert's opinion. Cliff stated he needs at least $30 shipped for the harness. Well, this time another ebay seller has it (tons of) for $20 shipped. And what do you know, it is identical to Cliff's kit.

So now I have two kits on our cars. One is $205 and the other is $122. They are the same units and I am equally impressed with either kit. I think Keyser does our community a big favor by letting people understand HID is no longer a luxury. He spent a lot of time explaining the difference and tried to help our members. Therefore, I did not want to get into his thread and ruin his GB, and only left good comments on his service and the kit. Now that the GB is close to an end, and other member has already posted link/store for alternative, I guess it's ok to jump in with what I know now.

BTW, the ebay seller I bought the kit from, is not the one Icefury posted. There are just too many of them out there and they can be found with no effort. The place I ordered the harness, is another different one. So far I haven't put the harness on the CSVT, but with the original lamp harness cable, I have no problem with so far. And, the cable does come with fuse.

Ok i'm now confused. My understanding is that Keyer's kit comes with everything i need to hook these up. Now is that also true with the VVME kit? Do i need the harness? what is the harness for? :shrug:

svt3391 can you PM me with the ebay link .

The harness/relay is so the ballasts don't draw power from the car's harness, but is directly connected to the battery == good

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back