• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

viperr alarm help!!

I have a 98.5 svt contour that has a viper 500 esp alarm that was already installed in it. Well it has a couple electrical problems with the parking lights fuse blowin on the left side. The alarm wiring is a mess also and my buddy said a shop installed it but geez they certainly didnt take their time with it.

When i got theowners manual online it really didnt tell me much but that a dealer has to install it. I would rate myself as intermediate in electronics. But it looks like hell under there so was hopin for few tips before i try and take this thing out.

any suggestions would be great thx
kurt

Easiest solution? Pull the alarm out. That's what we did on my classmates Civic. Years ago he paid someone good money to install alarm. They claimed they solder and shrink all their joints and went on about their quality. Left us stranded at the side of the road when it burnt up and disabled the car... Everything was electrical tape and twisted wires...

I would never trust a shop with electrical... I work on aircraft installing electronics and wiring. Id rather do it properly like it was going in an aircraft than half assed like I've seen too many times with twisted wires and electrical tape...

If you want to keep it, then there must be a short on the wire would be my guess. Trace it down and splice it, or run a new wire.

ya i got it out todat thx. i was just a lil worried about it even uninstalling it. but it went smooth. it was bad ill post the pics tomorrow.

Back