• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Vibration

UmmScott

CEG'er
Hey guys, question for ya

Ive had my car for about 3 years now and its always vibrated thru the floor pedals and steering wheel.

I assumed at first that was normal cuz its a 4 cylinder and 4 cylinders naturally vibrate more than a V6 would.

Im just checking...all u guys with zetecs... do they really vibrate the floor and steering wheel that much? Or is it just normal?...

Passenger and Drivers side mounts have been replaced. (trans still is almost riding on the frame tho).

Thanks
Scotty

Check the rear roll restrictor. If it is worn out you will get alot of vibration. A very common problem which can cause the motor and trans to be out of position.

Check the rear roll restrictor. If it is worn out you will get alot of vibration. A very common problem which can cause the motor and trans to be out of position.

Ok, thats what i thought. The mounts are new, but the roll restrictors are old...

i know the front one is bad also... i think i'll replace them at the same time.

Ok, thats what i thought. The mounts are new, but the roll restrictors are old...

i know the front one is bad also... i think i'll replace them at the same time.

There is a How-To on here to fill your restrictors. It is pretty simple, and cheaper than buying new ones

I think i'll just buy the inserts from Orielly's or autozone and put them in. The front roll restrictor looks pretty straight forward to do, but i don't know, nor had the time yet, to look at or find it.

Is removing it pretty easy? i take it i have to change it from underneath...

i have a rear roll resistor if you need one, i bought an extra one to fill it w/ poly and stick on my car so i have the original on yet. Well, its 2 years old. i had it replaced when i got the car. But its in good shape. make an offer

Back