• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Various pics, HDR, night, etc.

I got CS3 installed last night and I see it can do HDR as well... Can't wait to play around with it and Photomatix with the tone mapper as well..

Yeah the tone mapping, however sorta complicated is a really great feature.

from the pic you guys have taken and posted, have me interested in this HDR stuff the results are awsome, but I thought the calendar shots had to be natural/raw (no enhancements).:shrug:

From what mikey said they are accepting HDR photos this year but no photoshop (fixing dents, scratches etc). Read the calender thread, I kinda explains it better.

M!key, question for you, what program do you use to do your HDR, I have a Kodak DX7630 6.1MP camera. I'd like to do some HDR pics, but I don't know if I have the right software. Can Adobe Photoshop CS2 do HDR? I need to clean the bugs off my car and wax it again and go photo shooting again!!! I love taking pictures.

You can use CS2. Photomatix seems so much easier to use though...
In CS2 you need to click File>Automate>Merge To HDR...
After that hould be pretty self explanatory...

Hey Steve, No prob on the help man....

Hey Mikey, You suck.....I want chili !!!!!

Last edited:
Yeah, it's the same process for CS3 as well, File>Automate>Merge to HDR Here's something i'm noticing though when I'm using my camera... It has a feature which will have it do a series of 3 shots, and the current setting is +/- .03 Now when I view the photos though in CS3 or Photomatix, I get the same setting for 2 of the pictures... For example, instead of getting -.02, 0, +.02, I'm getting 0, 0, +.02 Now the photos I were trying out tonight were just some around the house, but it was really really dark... could this be the problem? Also my settings allows for +/- .03, .07, 1.0 I know it matters, but for night shots and day shots should it really matter that much in difference? Or is one setting better for say day or night.....? I know if I put my camera on Picture mode I can manually edit my +/- setting between -2.0 and +2.0, The only problem on that setting though is that my flash stays on Auto, and I don't seem to see any difference in the photos... Also with the manual settings and then going to the Multi +/- setting which does the +/- automatically still seem to do 0,0,+.02 ..... Okay I think I may have got it, I've been playing with it in between each sentence... It looks like I can do it, but I have to manually do it, Which sucks because I don't have a tri-pod... :( I have to manually set the flash off, and then to the exposure (Is that the right term?) +/- manually setting it to -2 , 0 and +2. I guess another question I have is, I'm assuming the farther apart the values the better you're HDR will be in the end or no? like -2, 0, +2 versus -.03, 0, +.03?

Last edited:
Yeah I read about CS3 having HDR capabilities too. Here's a few more links of scaled images I took earlier today. I'm going to head out and hit some sites that have good structures and try some larger scale stuff. Thanks again to Mikey for pointing me in the right direction.

Cool Sky

Blue Sky

And one for the ladies in the house:
Flower

All available full res if anyone really wants one. They're pretty cool for desktops.

What exposure settings did you use, any flash? I just bought tripod today, can't wait to use it some time soon!

Back