• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

**Valeo Wipers**

Well I got mine about a week and a half ago and just finally got them on 2 days ago. I waited until i got my new windshield installed. Now it is unbelievable in the rain!
My passenger side blade only touches sometimes... it's the strangest thing. I think I might just trim the tiniest bit off the plastic end-cap thing with a razor blade or the dremel. After that, it should be golden. :cool:

What size did you end up ordering?

I picked up 19" passenger blades for the Mystique and 00 SVT. Fitment is much better than my 20" on my 98 SVT.

all the wiper books etc. that I looked at said 19 and 21 for the 98-2000 Contour. That's what I bought and they work/fit perfect.

all the wiper books etc. that I looked at said 19 and 21 for the 98-2000 Contour. That's what I bought and they work/fit perfect.

Ahhhh......so TireRack is just a bunch of tards. This whole time I thought everything said 20 and 21, but the Valeo just didn't fit as smooth. Now it makes sense.

Ahhhh......so TireRack is just a bunch of tards. This whole time I thought everything said 20 and 21, but the Valeo just didn't fit as smooth. Now it makes sense.

Ok now I fit like a bit of a tard. I coulda sworn those were the sizes I bought but I just went out and actually measured the Bosch ICONS's I put in and from the very tip to the other tip they measure 20 (passenger) and 22 (driver) :confused:. They do have an end cap on each side so I don't know if that is supposed to be included in the measurement but I included it.

But they fit just right.

Last edited:
I got the PIAA super sporza's in 20" and 21" and they fit peeerfect..:shrug:

Sorry to bring that thread back... but I too have the PIAA Super Sporza, and while they fit just fine in lenght, the spoiler on the passenger side one always end up hitting the bottom plastic part of the windshield. If I look at others 98+ Contour, the wiper blade seems to rest at the same place than mine (lower than on the Pre-98 one), and if I move my wiper arm up a notch, it sits much too high. Am I the only one with that problem?

Back