• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Using 99 Taurus engine?

is it a manual trans?

nice looking tour I'd drive if the price was right.... not a fan of the autos but the manual trans are good.

ok cool, sorry for the multi-crazy posts.....I really do get impatient :B.

mm yeah it's actually an auto sport though...... if I'd actually be able to drive it (it was "donated" to our school or something like that, but the VIN plates are still on it. no clue what happened, that's why I'm getting a vin report done on it.) I'd do auto for a bit (cause I hate autos, lol) and then maybe when I get my fo running I'll do a manual swap into the contour [thumb]

Why the updated valvetrain? ah well someone offered to sell me the engine, but shipping was gonna be a PITA so I asked if they could pull and sell the internals for me, as they're from an 04. it's such a beautiful contour though. so CLEAN. no owners.... possible flood damage I think, but that can be fixed (assuming the wires don't crack on me :p)

Ok LOL any help on this? I ran a vin report on that car and it's never had any owners or any damage or mileage reported... Only history is the car being built and then a title given. Wtf?

ok cool, sorry for the multi-crazy posts.....I really do get impatient :B.

mm yeah it's actually an auto sport though...... if I'd actually be able to drive it (it was "donated" to our school or something like that, but the VIN plates are still on it. no clue what happened, that's why I'm getting a vin report done on it.) I'd do auto for a bit (cause I hate autos, lol) and then maybe when I get my fo running I'll do a manual swap into the contour [thumb]

Why the updated valvetrain? ah well someone offered to sell me the engine, but shipping was gonna be a PITA so I asked if they could pull and sell the internals for me, as they're from an 04. it's such a beautiful contour though. so CLEAN. no owners.... possible flood damage I think, but that can be fixed (assuming the wires don't crack on me :p)

okay, so what exactly do u wanna know???

good point........I'm just saying I don't have a damn clue where the title is for this car, but it only has two records: one being that it was manufactured and shipped to the dealer, and then a title was issued......

no activity for 10 years. I don't get it. It was donated to our school through one of those ford competitons, so I was just wondering if I'd be able to register it, at least for the mean time..... otherwise it's becoming a free parts car.

Damn, poor car..... Well I know it's history now though. My old shop teacher was in today, and I asked him about it. He said in 99 our school won the ford competition so they sent us that contour. I glance in at the odo and there's ONLY 40 miles on it :( unfortunately the competition officials hold the title and it can never be registered again. Such a waste.

However, this means for me that I have a free parts car with NEW parts! it almost makes me want to just swap the 2.5 with 40mi on it, but I think I'll stick with the 3l

^^ Eh I don't have a damn clue anymore..... I've since gone far off topic so I give up. yes I do have a car, just not an extra one to use during the down time.

WELL I guess I can give an update

so I figured out with college and whatnot, I'd actually be making money. LOL. SO maybe I will just find a new engine.

Yeah I'm just bored now.

This thread makes as much sense as punching myself in the nuts

yeah I'm just gonna agree with you on that.......

whatever happens, I'll make it work so has this been a pointless thread? yes.

(and yet I continue to post)

Back