• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

UPS Car Classic Auto Show Oct. 14th

scottd60

CEG'er
For those that haven't been this is one of the best local car shows in MD. I have been the last 3 years and the amount of show vehicles as gone from around 700 to 1,300 and they expect more this year.

Apple Ford Presents...
UPS Car Classic -Car, Truck & Motorcycle Show
6th Annual Event
Oct. 14th (Rain Date Oct. 15th)
General Amission: $1.00
Registration/Set-up: 8 - 10am
Show: 10am - 4pm
Live Bands All Day

Collector's Series Dash Plaques to 1st 500 vehicles
Trophies, Door prizes
Awards for all models:
Classics, Hot Rods, Race Cars, Muscle Cars, Trucks, Foreign, Imports, Motorcycles, Special Interest, Projects

--All Wellcome--
Over 200 awards to Top Qualifiers, Club awards and Burn Out Contest

NASCAR Simulator
Dyno Competition
Vendors, Crafts, Kid's Stuff, Carnival Games, Magic Show, Lots of Food
Halloween Costume Contest

Judging begins at noon, awards at 3pm

For questions or further assistance, call: Jim Lanham, 301-604-4579 or 301-390-9085 or 301-741-3721

Event held at UPS facility: 14841 Sweitzer Lane, Laurel, MD 20707

Hope to see you there...I'll be in my 20th Anniversary 89 Turbo Trans Am "Indy Pace Car" (I got 1st place in my class last year)

Having some fun in the burnout contest last year ;)

picture.JPG

And there was some real nice cars on the dyno too!!!

picture.JPG

For those that missed this show today...all I can say is it was AWESOME!!!
Last year they had 1,100-1,300 cars and this year they estimated ~700 more nearly 2,000 cars. They opened up a couple more lots and it was packed by 9:00am. Once again my TTA came away with a prize...3rd place in my class (1980-1989 Stock). Last year I won "Best In Class" 1st place same class. I think my car was maybe a little cleaner last year...or with so many cars at the show and more in my class? Ist place went to a 80 something Vette and 2nd went to a 80 something Monte Carlo SS...I did not see either car. They don't park car's class specific so they are scattered all over the HUGE site...I would realy hate to be a judge.

I didn't take a bunch of pic's but I'll try and get what I took posted shortly.

Back