• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

unlocking xcal3..........

Just thought I'd update this thread. I used SCT's Live Load to release the vehicle lock on the Xcal2, which can be downloaded for free from SCT's website in the download area. However this can not be done for the X3's. So I stand corrected on the X3 issue. The only way that I know of thus far to unlock an X3 is to send it in to SCT and pay the $150 for them to unlock it :shrug:

Just thought I'd update this thread. I used SCT's Live Load to release the vehicle lock on the Xcal2, which can be downloaded for free from SCT's website in the download area. However this can not be done for the X3's. So I stand corrected on the X3 issue. The only way that I know of thus far to unlock an X3 is to send it in to SCT and pay the $150 for them to unlock it :shrug:
Can i ask please; did you find (as Blackcoog said) that the xcal2 will not lock to a vehicle with a tune (not stock) after you unlock it ? ....G.

Can i ask please; did you find (as Blackcoog said) that the xcal2 will not lock to a vehicle with a tune (not stock) after you unlock it ? ....G.

Not sure on that. I dont have an Xcal2. However I'm willing to bet that it would not lock to a vehicle that does not have a stock tune. That said I do have a spare RJL1 PCM if you need one, that as far as I know is stock, that I would let go for cheap if your interested.

Back