• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

UIM & LIM Tourqe Sequences/pattern

doomsayer559

CEG'er
Going to re attemp this with another set of new gaskets this weekend. I know torque for both upper and lower is between 71-108 in. pounds. I just want a correct torque pattern or sequence. Pics would be great if theyre available.

Top middle, bottom middle, right top, right bottom, left top, left bottom..... from the perspective of you standing in front of the car looking at the engine

from the 95 shop manual, should still be the same.

UIMinstall.jpg

liminstall.jpg

Thanks BrApple. I did not use that sequence on my LIM. Hopefully it just needs the correct torque pattern to seal 'er up. Fingers crossed!!

Another quick question. My car is idleing at 2,100 rpm (im guessing cause of the whisper quiet leak) new iac, yadda yadda yadda... But it also warms up very quickly to the end of "normal" temp zone. Just replaced thermostat. Newer water pump and belt. Never did brfore. Does it sound like the vacuum leak could be the culprit?

I have never head of a vacuum leak causing an engine to warm up quickly. It might just be because of the high idle. The only other thing that I can think of at the moment that would cause rapid heatup is a bad head gasket.

Back