• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

trunk lift support upgrade

Silver Bullet

CEG'er
As our cars are ~10 years old your trunk supports are probably not working so good at holding trunk lid open anymore.

If your car is w/o spoiler an easy upgrade is to install the heavy duty lift supports for a car with spoiler. It almost gives you an auto open trunk. When you push your trunk remote, trunk lid pops open about an inch and then with just a slight bump it will continue up and open fully on its own.

Only possible downside for some people (but positive for me) might be that you have to push down ever slightly on trunk for it to close. Cannot just release lid halfway down and let it fall to latch.

Yeah I've been thinking about getting new lift supports as my trunk doesn't even move when I pop the trunk. I might need to install a spring to kick it up that 1 inch.

mine never popped then i installed new w/ spoiler struts. and holy crap! i actually have a trunk that opens. now it doesn't close on my head anymore.

the lift struts were cheap as well from rockauto.com

mine never popped then i installed new w/ spoiler struts. and holy crap! i actually have a trunk that opens. now it doesn't close on my head anymore.

the lift struts were cheap as well from rockauto.com

which ones did you get? There are a few brands

Back