• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Trunk License Plate Wiring

CKtour98

Hard-core CEG'er
I just got my pre98 lid and now need to wire the license plate lights. the wiring harness thing on the lid has 3 wires- ornage, black and a purple with black stripe. orange power, black ground and purple would be ? also, theres 2 plugs on each side of the inside of the trunk but i dont think i need them? i cant remember fully, its been over a year.

trying to figure out how its wired so i can finish that part off! thx

edit: the gf made her way to my house tonight, so i took a look at her 95 se trunk. Turns out the 3 wires go to the 3rd brake light! totally forgot about that....

then it looks as the plugs there in the lid connect to obviously another plug, that goes to the wiring on each lense which is currently not on the lenses (corroded off)

Whats the best way to get wiring back on these corroded metal tabs/brackets?

Please do strap me there, so I can rip it off and make your car look better again!

And my car drives, slammed, on 18s....they might be a bit big for you though 16" boy! ! Lmao

Hey! This is our chat, not yours!! I'm telling a mod!! Lmao

Does anyone know off their head if post98 and pre98 have the same licenseplate lenses, or if I can just swap the wiring or something? There's no pre98s in my local yards :(

Back