• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

trunk cargo net

shaggist

CEG'er
If someone would kindly post a picture of the mounting studs for the trunk cargo net mounting clips, I would greatly appreciate it. I have searched all over the areas around the tailights in the trunk and can't find anything that resembles the threaded posts described in the 'how-to' where the clips mount. I have a '99 CSVT and am beginning to wonder if they were decontented in order to save $.25. Thanks in advance.

The trunk carpet did change over the years. Pre-98 had one style, but from 98-00 there were a few. Some are thick with a padded backing,. Some are thin, no padded backing. Between both styles, some mounted by tucking under the black trim at the edge of the inside of the trunk while others used a plastic cap going over the tail light stud.

Your cargo net needs to mount on the tail light stud. Pull the carpet back, find the stud and make a small hole in the carpet right in that spot.

My 98 has the studs exposed under the plastic cap, but my 00 is totally covered. It's not an exact year change because I've seen 98's with different styles also. :shrug:

trunk cargo net

The carpet in my car tucks under the plastic liner on the inside of the trunk lip. I pulled the carpet back and tried the clip on the taillight housing stud. The threaded hole in the clip is larger than the stud, so it slides on and off without any twisting involved and won't tighten down. I'll have to devise some method of increasing the stud diameter so that it will grip the clip and hold it tightly in place. Thanks for the quick response.

That means you have the wrong hooks. If it was purchased new, it's supposed to have hooks for the Contour/Mystique setup, but also hooks for Crown Vic/Grand Marquis.

It was purchased used, and, as I only have one set of hooks, they must be for the Vic/Marquis. Anybody want to trade, or do you have a set for the Contour/Mystique that I could acquire? Thanks for information. Life is confusing enough without having a hook problem.

I know it's a pain, but maybe post on a Crown Vic/Grand Marquis forum and see if anyone has the Contour/Mystique hooks laying around. I still have my Crown Vic/Grand Marquis hooks laying around in case I ever sell my cargo net online.

I just went to look at a '99 SVT to buy, and we popped the trunk for my eyes to see a factory contour cargo net! WooHoo! - The guy saw how excited I was about it and gave it to me for free with the mounting studs. I will post pics since someone asked for them before. I can't believe I am so happy about a stupid cargo net :nonono::help::laugh:!

Back