• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

trunk cargo net

hotdimmes

Hard-core CEG'er
Anyone know anything about these? Part numbers? Other possible models to steal one from? Not much I could find on the old forums...

I found a generic one of these at my local dollar store. It just had like bungie cord hooks at the end... worked fine. Drilled a few holes, put the hooks through there, and it was essentially the same as stock... but for $1.

Very exciting news here. Soon, items in my trunk will not shift around like Mitt Romney at a press conference. I have ordered up a "vintage" cargo net -- part number F53Z-54550A66-AA -- that was collecting dust at a dealer. My price? $24.50. I am stoked, and thought I would share the joy with all of you. :cool:

Very exciting news here. Soon, items in my trunk will not shift around like Mitt Romney at a press conference. I have ordered up a "vintage" cargo net -- part number F53Z-54550A66-AA -- that was collecting dust at a dealer. My price? $24.50. I am stoked, and thought I would share the joy with all of you. :cool:

doh, that is half of what team ford is charging :blackeye:

doh, that is half of what team ford is charging :blackeye:

If anyone is interested, I have contact info for two dealers, one in Ohio and one in Connecticut.

Mt. Orab Ford -- outside of Cincinnati. 937-444-2551.

Bob Thomas Ford -- Hampden, CT. 203-281-7502.

These things have probably been sitting on the shelf for years, so the dealers may be willing to part with them for short money. Worth a shot if you love a good cargo net as much as I do. I'll tell ya, it's hard to be an ice cold beer from the cargo net on a hot July night when you're shooting the bull with friends. :cool:

I have one from my wife's old Mitsibushi Galant

I have one from my wife's old Mitsibushi Galant

Works well too.

Back