• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Trubendz Questions

CoolBlackSE99

CEG'er
Last week my aluminized dual-exit exhaust on my SE rusted through right before the rear split and broke off, so I'm looking to upgrade to a 2.5" stainless Trubendz Borla or Magnaflow setup. I was looking at the pictures of the pipes on their site and it looks to me like the oval muffler would have to be located near the front inside the tunnel and I read on here that an oval muffler doesn't fit very well in the tunnel. I also found through searching that the Magnaflow muffler fits in there better than the Borla muffler does. And then there were the horror stories about the fitment of the pipes themselves and the hangers but I guess a good exhaust shop can fix that... So I guess that narrows down the questions to:

What sizes are the Magnaflow oval and Borla oval mufflers used in the 2 systems?
Does anyone by chance have a picture from under the car of a Magnaflow or Borla 2.5" Trubendz system installed, particularly the oval muffler in the tunnel?
and
Which one will probably be the easier one to install?

I've heard sound clips of both on cars with similar mods to mine (BAT intake pipe + MAF adapter & K&N filter, MSDS Headers, and BAT Y-pipe w/ Magnaflow high-flow cat) and I like them both, and they're the same price, so really the only factor affecting my decision is which one is going to be easier to install so I can get my car back on the road sooner.
Thanks in advance

Here's a pic of my set up: Magnaflow oval with resonated tips prior to install.

I was also skeptical but the oval fits. it is tight and so far I haven't heard any noises indicating that it is hitting the exhaust well and it has been on for about 5 months.

Had a slight issue with one hangers but nothing a 12 pack didn't take care of.

hope the pics help

sorry I didn't have one from under the car.

Magnaflow with resonated tips from what Trubendz and I can tell is as close to the stock SVT exhaust but has some very minimal drone however it is still much less that a stock SVT exhaust with the resonator cut out.(that's what I replaced)

So far I have been very happy with the purchase. It takes them a few days for them to answer email or call you but all in all I am happy and the price was right.

Attachments

• Trubendz magnaflow.jpg
    Trubendz magnaflow.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 0
  • car back.JPG
    car back.JPG
    50.9 KB · Views: 0
Thanks, that does help. It's a much better pic than the one on the trubendz site and from that one I can tell the size of the muffler from the shape of the case.
Thanks again

Back